Can not upload any other programs to esp 01 after uploading micropython firmware

idrbur

Joined Jan 11, 2018
Hi,
A few days ago I tried to flash my esp 01 with micropython using thonny . The flashing was completed successfully but still the esp was not getting detected in thonny as a micropython device . I tried various fixes but nothing worked.

The real issue began after that. I gave up on running micropython on esp and tried uploading a simple blink sketch using es8266 loader(Android app) again the uploading went successfully but the led did not blink.
I also tried uploading AT firmware but that also didn't work.

I know that the esp 01 is not damaged because before trying to upload micropython i communicated with it using AT and it worked

Any help is appreciated.

bidrohini

Joined Jul 29, 2022
Make sure you have selected the correct serial port in Thonny. You can check which port the ESP-01 is connected to by looking in the device manager on your computer.

Try resetting the ESP-01 by pressing the reset button. This can help to establish a connection between your computer and the device.

Check the baud rate of the ESP-01. Make sure that the baud rate is set correctly in both Thonny and the ESP-01 firmware. The default baud rate for the AT firmware is 115200.

Make sure that you have the correct firmware version for your ESP-01. Different versions of the ESP-01 require different firmware versions.

idrbur

Joined Jan 11, 2018
Make sure you have selected the correct serial port in Thonny. You can check which port the ESP-01 is connected to by looking in the device manager on your computer.

Try resetting the ESP-01 by pressing the reset button. This can help to establish a connection between your computer and the device.

Check the baud rate of the ESP-01. Make sure that the baud rate is set correctly in both Thonny and the ESP-01 firmware. The default baud rate for the AT firmware is 115200.

Make sure that you have the correct firmware version for your ESP-01. Different versions of the ESP-01 require different firmware versions.
It's not that I want to make micropython thing works .
The problem is that I can't seem to upload any other program to esp 01 after. I tried to upload micropython.