Can i use a mosfet or something similar and how to implement

scrumpydc

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Hello all and thanks for any help I have a bit of a problem with a Logicdata controller
first i will explain what is happening i have 4 switches connected up to the controller with on-board LED's the controller is waiting for an input of 5v witch comes from the controller my issue is that when i program the controller per manufactures instructions i start getting noise on there 5v line the LED's start to flicker every 16 seconds I know this is a problem with the controller my thoughts are it is sending a signal to get information from the motor encoder witch it should not and I have contacted the manufacture about this fault still waiting for a reply 6 days later and i need to get this project done in a week .it did not do it when it was UN-programmed
so that brings me to my point I am thinking of adding a second psu for the switches at 5v dc and using a mosfet to bypass the dirty controller signal to stop the flickering both use 5v yet the controller drops every 16 seconds to <3v (as far as I can read using a multi meter )witch turns the switch LED's off i need to know if this will work I cannot open the controller as it will void warranty the controller has a max input of 5v 250ma will this be a problem if I use a 5v 1a power supply will I even need a mosfet .The switches output whatever is put into them, or is there another way i do not know
any help will be most appreciated and thank you in advance

Last edited:

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Is your power supply well bypassed at the controller power pin ? Look at
its manual for recommendations.

Sounds like controller thinks it is losing its power, or going to sleep ?

Regards, Dana.

scrumpydc

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Is your power supply well bypassed at the controller power pin ? Look at
its manual for recommendations.

Sounds like controller thinks it is losing its power, or going to sleep ?

Regards, Dana.
the controller is powerd via 240vac http://www.logicdata.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Datasheet_Compact_English-Rev4.pdf
we are using the handset socket and the odd part it is dropping power every 16secs without fail but only when the controller is programed with a max and minimum hight would there be a way of bypassing it with an external power supply

scrumpydc

Joined Jan 23, 2018
No only what is on that link I have been told it has a 5v regulator I know no help at all this is what my problem is lol just think I need a way of bypassing the 5v line and using a second power supply just not shure how to go about it. my switches are capacitive touch switches they say 6-24v but they have a 3.3v regulator on and they do work on 5v (have used them on another controller with succsess )waiting to hear back from the company about why it says 6v still no answer from them, they have a vcc ground signal then 3 led,s witch go to ground to use I am only using one led for my circuit the vcc outputs on on the signal wire