Can I delete my account with all my posting?

Abdul Salam

Joined Jul 15, 2017
Hi,
I want to open account new account, email access and other reasons. So could you please Delete this account or let me know how to delete it with all my contents

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi,
I want to open account new account, email access and other reasons. So could you please Delete this account or let me know how to delete it with all my contents
From previous requests of this type I can tell you that it is unlikely. Your 9 posts are enshrined for posterity

Last edited:

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Abdul,
Mod: Your request has been brought to the attention of Admin, however it is unlikely that any pre-posts will be Deleted.
E

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The best way to rid yourself of this account is to simply walk away, and let it age into obscurity. Such is the way of the internet (and not just AAC).

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi,
Why open a new account? What is the goal? If you want to change the username, an admin can do that for you.

In general, we do not delete content unless it violates the ToS/UA.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Besides your username, you can change all of your other personal information yourself (including email address).

On the blue theme, click on your username. Then, click on account. Since this is a rare task. I had to click on several links to find what could be changed. But it’s there. If you need help finding what you are looking for, post back here. Just let us know if you use the orange theme or blue theme.

Here is a sample page for my account.
561E7566-776E-459E-9CE2-C59BB68070E9.png

UPDATE: Which reminds me, seeing my profile. I need to update my profile :rolleyes:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Also note that if content is deleted for the purpose of hiding attempts to cheat on homework or other such things, we will restore the content and ban the user.

Abdul Salam

Joined Jul 15, 2017
I tried all the options available via settings etc :( No Luck.

ok let me know how to delete or hide my posts? is this possible?

One more question : why these settings are not available to user, like delete of post article, change of name ?
What is use of First name and last name in account settings???

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012

One more question : why these settings are not available to user, like delete of post article, change of name ?
I'll ask again: What is it you are trying to accomplish? You said you want to create a new account. WHY? What is wrong with your existing account? If you would tell us, we can probably fix it. Why do you want to delete all your content? This is HIGHLY frowned upon. What you post becomes part of the context of the thread in which you post it -- deleting it messes up that context and it can cause lots of confusion for future readers of the thread. Deleting content just because you wish you hadn't posted it or because it has already served your purpose is not a good enough reason.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010

I doubt you tried all the settings. Because almost everything personal can be changed.

I asked you to identify what you were looking to change (besides username). I said we would help you discover how to make a change.

Maybe you didn’t understand me. Please respond to the questions WBahn and I asked.