Camp Lejeune H2O

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Does anyone else notice that the negative 'health effects' (a.k.a. disease) subsequent to consumption of Camp Lejeune water veritably pale (NPI) by compassion with those (openly) disclaimed by many manufactures of FDA approved pharmaceuticals? -- Golly golly! What a sewer Um, world, we find ourselves in...

In case the intent of this post goes astray -- It is an indictment of the pharmaceutical 'regime' and in no way targets, questions or mitigates the claims of sufferers of Camp Lejeune's victims nor attempts to exonerate the legal system that, up until recently, strove to sweep said (IMNSHO criminal) negligence 'under the rug', as it were...

With utmost sincerity
HP

Last edited:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
A little late here. Regarding Lejeune I find it astonishing not so much that there could have been a problem but how long it existed, 1953 to 1987 Lejeune is not the first and certainly won't be the last area where contaminated drinking water shows up and I agree many instances of not just contaminated drinking water but other hazards to humans are simply swept under the rug. I never served at Lejeune but at MCAS Cherry Point up the road. I have friends who did serve at Lejeune some of which have passed and another with adult leukemia. He spent several years there. How long was it before the actual truth came out about agent orange? I had several Marine Corps friends as well as other service branches who succumbed to agent orange as many as 40+ years following exposure. The truth on these matters is out there, likely under a rug. Sadly things of this nature extend well beyond military bases or actions. They extend well into many cities and towns throughout America. Tick, tick, tick...

Ron

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
A little late here. Regarding Lejeune I find it astonishing not so much that there could have been a problem but how long it existed, 1953 to 1987 Lejeune is not the first and certainly won't be the last area where contaminated drinking water shows up and I agree many instances of not just contaminated drinking water but other hazards to humans are simply swept under the rug. I never served at Lejeune but at MCAS Cherry Point up the road. I have friends who did serve at Lejeune some of which have passed and another with adult leukemia. He spent several years there. How long was it before the actual truth came out about agent orange? I had several Marine Corps friends as well as other service branches who succumbed to agent orange as many as 40+ years following exposure. The truth on these matters is out there, likely under a rug. Sadly things of this nature extend well beyond military bases or actions. They extend well into many cities and towns throughout America. Tick, tick, tick...

Ron
The sad truth about Camp Lajeune is that the authorities and leadership of the camp knew the water was contaminated early in that period and didn't tell the civilian employees or the marines. The marines rotated out (including my brother) but some civilian employees worked there for 30- to 40-years then died of some weird cancer. There is a list of these diseases in the big package of info sent to marines stationed there during the listed time period. The weird part is that most of those impacted are getting male breast cancer, bile duct cancer and other very specific and uncommon cancers late in life - just at 65 or so.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
.... Yes, and the beat goes on. I finally got a notification from the VA telling me I was exposed to agent orange but it's strange as they use another name for the stuff. Another friend with prostate cancer finally got his 100% disability. Hell, we are pretty much now all in our 70s. Several I knew who were at Camp Lejeune are already dead and some long dead. Like I mentioned tick, tick, tick...

Ron

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
.... Yes, and the beat goes on. I finally got a notification from the VA telling me I was exposed to agent orange but it's strange as they use another name for the stuff. Another friend with prostate cancer finally got his 100% disability. Hell, we are pretty much now all in our 70s. Several I knew who were at Camp Lejeune are already dead and some long dead. Like I mentioned tick, tick, tick...

Ron
With the Camp Lejeune issue, surviving family members can file claims.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Yes, I asked my sister if her husband Mike was ever at Lejeune during his 20 years in the corps. Nope, but his two tours in Nam (force recon) he had plenty of exposure to agent orange. She gets his disability but figure Mike died just as they were getting ready to enjoy their retirement years. Hard to do 20 years in the corps and not have been to Lejeune.
Anyway it takes forever for the government to admit fault in anything. When it comes to VA Claims the word among vets is "deny, deny and hope they die". :)

The government? I trust them about as far as I can throw them. Pretty sure my sister would rather have Mike than a monthly check.

Ron

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Anyway it takes forever for the government to admit fault in anything. When it comes to VA Claims the word among vets is "deny, deny and hope they die". :)

The government? I trust them about as far as I can throw them. Pretty sure my sister would rather have Mike than a monthly check.
:(Indeed! -- It is said that 'money talks' (I would add that -- in league with (what passes for) expediency, such might be expected to be double-so where governmental /regulatory organizations are involved -- a sad state of affairs indeed! -- Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (i.e. via paraphrase ~"who will police the police?")

Most sincerely
HP

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (i.e. via paraphrase ~"who will police the police?"
"The universe grows smaller every day, and the threat of aggression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated. There must be security for all, or no one is secure. Now, this does not mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly. Your ancestors knew this when they made laws to govern themselves and hired policemen to enforce them. We, of the other planets, have long accepted this principle. We have an organization for the mutual protection of all planets and for the complete elimination of aggression. The test of any such higher authority is, of course, the police force that supports it."

"For our policemen, we created a race of robots. Their function is to patrol the planets in spaceships like this one and preserve the peace. In matters of aggression, we have given them absolute power over us. This power cannot be revoked. At the first sign of violence, they act automatically against the aggressor. The penalty for provoking their action is too terrible to risk. The result is, we live in peace, without arms or armies, secure in the knowledge that we are free from aggression and war, free to pursue more profitable enterprises. Now we do not pretend to have achieved perfection, but we do have a system, and it works."
We create a race of robots. Seemed logical in 1951 so it should work today. Actually I trust dogs and robots more than the US Government. :) Pretty sad really.

Ron

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
We create a race of robots. Seemed logical in 1951 so it should work today
Ala "The Day The Earth Stood Still"...

I dunno -- Invincible, uncontrollable, 'police' (which being admittedly imperfect) would seem to pong of a 'recipe for disaster'...

Actually I trust dogs and robots more than the US Government.
No disputing that!:rolleyes:

How do you feel about dogs and robots owned and trained by the Government?
As agents of law enforcement?
You mean we're not there yet?;)

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Ala "The Day The Earth Stood Still"...

I dunno -- Invincible, uncontrollable, 'police' (which being admittedly imperfect) would seem to pong of a 'recipe for disaster'...

No disputing that!:rolleyes:

As agents of law enforcement?
You mean we're not there yet?;)

Best regards
HP
I didn't say we weren't there yet. When @Reloadron said
Actually I trust dogs and robots more than the US Government.
I just had to understand the part of the Venn diagram that overlapped his two opinions.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
If a chicken-and-a-half can lay an egg-and-a-half in a day-and-a-half, just how many one-legged grasshoppers does it take to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?
But... Inasmuch as the former assertion is false (to wit: birds don't deposit 'half eggs') - the proposition is true without regard to the consequent assertion - but then the consequent is not binary?!o_O -- Implication - ugg!

Best regards
HP

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
But... Inasmuch as the former assertion is false (to wit: birds don't deposit 'half eggs') - the proposition is true without regard to the consequent assertion - but then the consequent is not binary?!o_O -- Implication - ugg!

Best regards
HP
It's a convoluted production rate, not an end product. Rounding monthly yield to the nearest whole egg is generally encouraged.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
So do we get back to the water? :) I guess we could expand well beyond Camp Lejeune for contaminated water. Been reading about AFFF or what we called A triple F ( Aqueous Film-Forming Foam ) but we called it Automatic Fire Fighting Foam. Popular at airports since it is used on mostly aircraft fires. Over the years hundreds of what could be cancer causing chemicals have been dumped ending up in ground water. Shhh as we don't want that getting out.

Nice catch on The Day The Earth Stood Still original 1951 movie. :)

Ron

Last edited:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
So do we get back to the water? :) I guess we could expand well beyond Camp Lejeune for contaminated water.
Sadly yes -- FWIW I'm just barely old enough to recall the culmination (Ca. 1979) of the 'Love Canal' incident (Note to 'younger' readers: quite despite the 'unfortunate' moniker, 'tis not a ribald joke! But, rather, an all too real and tragic (human-made) disaster involving the poisoning of an entire community.)

With regards - and copious reserve quantities of activated charcoal...

HP

Last edited:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Sadly yes -- FWIW I'm just barely old enough to recall the culmination (Ca. 1979) of the 'Love Canal' incident (Note to 'younger' readers: quite despite the 'unfortunate' moniker, 'tis not a ribald joke! But, rather, an all too real and tragic (human-made) disaster involving the poisoning of an entire community.)

With regards - and copious reserve quantities of activated charcoal...

HP
Sadly I remember that one very well. That entire area was a ticking time bomb. It had been ticking for decades. I was 29 in 1979 when everything surfaced.

Ron

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Wireless & RF Design 8
F Power Electronics 5