Number of Magnets = 24
Br of magnet = 1.32 Tesla
Number of Coils = 9
Number of turn per Coils = 350
Coils are Star Connected
Voltage Ouput Needed = 40v

Req'd
RPM = ?

Ive search the web yet unfortunately found nothing. Im not sure if i overlook something. A hint will be a big help! Thanks!

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
How much of that 1.32 Tesla field is getting across the air gap?

There are formula (old books) for what you ask BUT knowing the strength of the field between magnet and iron (air gap) is needed to calculate it.

zenfures

Joined Feb 19, 2017
air gap is not actually provided so ill assume the given is the actual magnetic strength across. would you mind providing the formula? it would also be a big help if you could tell me the title of the books and its author.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
https://books.google.com/books?id=UrjmAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA18

Here is one that is free to download. You will need to do some unit conversions to use these formula, but you will still have to guess at what your reluctance is based on how the iron behaves to the strength of your magnets. It changes as the magnetic flux density increases and every piece of "iron" will have a different characteristic response curve.
So even when you try to calculate the exact value you are still having to insert a good guess for at least one of the values.
Just do some testing and record your results, it will be much more accurate in the long run because you will have real data to base your responses on.

Last edited:

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
There is a gear symbol in the upper right. Go yo advanced search and select the click button for free view only to get books you don't have to buy but can download as pdf. They are OLD books but still useful

RBR1317

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Since I don't know anything about this topic, maybe I can help.

Suppose that you focused on a single coil; at 1 RPM the coil would see (24÷2)/60 flux reversals per second?? Can you calculate the coil voltage at 1 RPM? Is the generated voltage proportional to RPM?

Coils are connected in a 3-phase star. Is the voltage output measured phase-to-ground or phase-to-phase?