Calculating Power Consumption of a Microcontroller and LCD Panel

RajibChak

Joined Jul 9, 2015
Hi, I am very new in Electronics. Although I am from IT background but I have to do some electronics work for my project work as well therefore I need help. I have to calculate current and power consumtion of a microcontoller(MSP430F41x2), LCD panel and ADP161 (Regulator). This product is a Radon gas detector. I will appreciate any advice, solution and help regarding this. is it possible to meassure directly current with multimeter in pcb? Thanks

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Sure one can measure the current, though it may be a very small current requiring either a very good DVM or some other technique.

The ADP161 regulator should only be drawing it's quiescent current and passing on the rest to do something useful.

The MSP430F41x2 will be a bit more complex to get the current for, as it depends on how fast it is going and what is turned on inside. The data sheet may be helpful in making a max esitmate.

The LCD panel may be the easiest as the current should be posted right there on the data sheet. If it used a LED backlight or such don't forget to add that in too.

RajibChak

Joined Jul 9, 2015
Sure one can measure the current, though it may be a very small current requiring either a very good DVM or some other technique.

The ADP161 regulator should only be drawing it's quiescent current and passing on the rest to do something useful.

The MSP430F41x2 will be a bit more complex to get the current for, as it depends on how fast it is going and what is turned on inside. The data sheet may be helpful in making a max esitmate.

The LCD panel may be the easiest as the current should be posted right there on the data sheet. If it used a LED backlight or such don't forget to add that in too.
Thank you sir, though I am not finding any datasheet regarding this LCD Panel. As I am a beginer in electronis if could tell me little elaborately for MSP430F41x2, it will be great help for me. the circuit is in very small pcb panel.