calculating input capacitor

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
It was not specified that the the two resistors was taken as parallel connection that produced the 149 ohms.
It should be obvious that the input is the input impedance of the transistor in parallel with its biasing resistors.

I would like it to cut -off at 60 hz with a very low voltage drop across the C1.
Impossible. The definition of the cutoff is when the output is 0.707 times (-3dB or half power) the input.

Maybe a 90% to 100% input transfer voltage from Rg2 to the total input of the transistor. I guess I can use another 220 nano capacitor in series with one the prods of my analogy meter to pick off the gain of the input signal at Vc ?
We don't know what you are talking about.
Your meter has a certain input resistance that can be calculated with an input coupling capacitor for a cutoff frequency.

Thevenin's Planet

Joined Nov 14, 2008
It should be obvious that the input is the input impedance of the transistor in parallel with its biasing resistors.

Impossible. The definition of the cutoff is when the output is 0.707 times (-3dB or half power) the input.

We don't know what you are talking about.
Your meter has a certain input resistance that can be calculated with an input coupling capacitor for a cutoff frequency.
I am going to use a Radio shack FET Micronta VOM which only measures a.c. voltage but not a.c. current. The sensitivity on a.c. scale is 10,000 ohms per volt.I did one of the test that was talked about on Allboutcircuit regarding " How to discover if the meter register a.c. or D.C. or both".I found by using a.c.scale on a battery that the meter didn't response to D.C. or D.C scale measuring a.c. voltage . Somewhere I read that (maybe the manual) a capacitor had to be use when measuring a.c. superimpose on D.C. in series with the probe.So I assume it had to be the 220 nano capacitor.