1. He's been telling me that for the whole week1) Be sure your husband wants a handheld meter. That is likely the case, but not certain.
2) What sort of work is he doing? Is it just for around the house or automotive or is he into electronics?
3) Does he tend to stick to things? I do. That is, when I buy any tool, I keep it forever. I would tell my wife, "It's capital," in hopes of justification. So to me, I usually get something above household quality, but not industrial.
4) Most important, you may get much better responses if you start a new thread with this question.
1) I meant handheld versus bench.1. He's been telling me that for the whole week
2. Just for the house, yes
3. He surely does! You just said as you know him, huh
4. I guess I should have done this, maybe just too shy
Thanks a lot!
I have a nice collection of tools as gifts from my wife, some great, some not so great... she now checks with me to make sure it’s what I want or need. This way we don’t end up with a gift with good intentions but something I can’t use.My wife does not buy any tools as a gift for me for very good reasons.
I would think for the average meter, the editors choice Crenova would not be a bad model for around the house use and the odd electronic purpose.
Really in all honesty and sincerity this is one of those things where you may wish to simply consult your husband. Yes, it will remove the element of total surprise but I am sure you want your husband to be happy with his new gift. I don't know what features your husband may want in a meter. There are things my wife will buy me knowing I'll like it. There are other times she just comes out and ask me that being especially true of certain tools and items for my hobbies.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|Buying an oscilloscope from the US||General Electronics Chat||19|
|Buying a new multimeter: how important is hFE?||Test & Measurement||29|
|G||Need Multimeter buying advice (DMM)||Test & Measurement||7|
|C||Buying a Basic Multimeter||Test & Measurement||33|
|R||Advice on buying a Multimeter||Test & Measurement||9|