Burned Component identify

AntonisVoukalis

Joined Mar 24, 2022
Hello everyone, i hoe you are doing well! I have a cobra marine MC600ci gps in my boat and suddently the lcd backlight goes off.
I open the device and i notice that the component on circle is burned so i'm not able to read the numbers on it. Only NO 10 is visible...
Any idea what is this component so i can start searching?
A hint: the upper terminals are connected to the transformer that provide power to the ccfl backlight lamp.
Thanks for your help!!91CD40A7-7BFE-4C49-99ED-5FA3EA8FEB21.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

That’s an SMPS (Switch Mode Power Supply) controller. Unfortunately, there are tens, possibly hundreds of candidates. The markings you can see aren’t very helpful because they are just fragments. They are too common to search by, so you;d have to look though who knows how many possibilities to spot something that might fit.

I wish I had better news, but unless you can find a schematic or of a working one to check the actual numbers—or get lucky enough that someone that happens to know sees this—chances of identifying the part are slim.

AntonisVoukalis

Joined Mar 24, 2022
Thank you very much for your reply! I had a search by product name and i couldnt find any schematics. I will try with the numbers mentioned on the pcb in case i can find any kind of info!! Have a nice day