Building Test Fixture

ttumelty

Joined Jul 21, 2023
Looking for some guidance and ideas. I work for an access control manufacturer where develop both hardware and software for our systems. I am in the process of building mock up panels to test our hardware controllers and software packages. Our controllers have 6 Outputs per controller and I am looking to tie in LEDs to these outputs to indicate when they are on and off, that's the easy part. What I am curious about is there an LED out there that have screw on lenses that I can easily change depending on the test we are doing? I am looking to be at 12VDC, but no more than 24VDC. Alos, I do not want to exceed 20mm if I can help it.

I have to imagine there is still something like this still out there, but I have been out of the parts searching for over 20 years and having difficulty identifying different LEDs that will work in the way I am imagining for my test fixture.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
I am not sure that I understand what you are asking. Are you looking for illuminated indicators with labels on interchangeable lenses? If so, you may find something suitable on th "Square-D" website. An alternative approach may be to have the labels on a panel overlay that can be changed for different tests.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Our controllers have 6 Outputs per controller and I am looking to tie in LEDs to these outputs to indicate when they are on and off, that's the easy part. What I am curious about is there an LED out there that have screw on lenses that I can easily change depending on the test we are doing?
What is the nature of the 6 outputs?
What is the reason for screw on lenses?
Your request is a little sparse on details?
BTW, where are you located.