Boost 5v from 2x AA batteries.

Pepe333

Joined Feb 12, 2018
Hi all!,
I'm triyng to power a Wemos D1 mini board from 2x AA batteries. I need 5v because there are another parts on the circuit than need this voltage (The Wemos d1 can be powered by 3,3V input or by 5V input. In the 5v input it has a 3.3v regulator)
I tried 2 ICs, the HT7750 and the MT3608. Booth gives 5v whitout charge, but when connect the circuit the voltage drops. The board need a pick of about 200mA when starts, but in the sketch I disconnect the Wifi from the board, and the current drops to 35mA.
Maybe this initial peaks is the problem?
Anyone knows something to boost from 2-3v to 5v 200mA?

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hi all!,
I'm triyng to power a Wemos D1 mini board from 2x AA batteries. I need 5v because there are another parts on the circuit than need this voltage (The Wemos d1 can be powered by 3,3V input or by 5V input. In the 5v input it has a 3.3v regulator)
I tried 2 ICs, the HT7750 and the MT3608. Booth gives 5v whitout charge, but when connect the circuit the voltage drops. The board need a pick of about 200mA when starts, but in the sketch I disconnect the Wifi from the board, and the current drops to 35mA.
Maybe this initial peaks is the problem?
Anyone knows something to boost from 2-3v to 5v 200mA?
A real easy dodge is to pinch the board out of a cheap power bank. You'd need 3 cells or a single lithium that could easily be smaller.

The £ store where I am has them.

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
Try this:

Or look up any other module in google for 3 to 5V boost module or 2 to 5v, whatever you want. They cost about 5 dollars without the delivery.

Last edited: