books to read for z80 design

dmowziz

Joined Jan 18, 2019
Hi

Please and please provide books you studied or know for z80 hardware design. I will make a z80 'system' in the future (with video output), I want to understand it deeply...I don't just want to get schematic online and build. I want to create the schematic myself, know how everything works (I'm not in a hurry to acquire the knowledge)

Any suggestions will be cool. Thanks

jayanthd

Joined Jul 4, 2015
Hi

Please and please provide books you studied or know for z80 hardware design. I will make a z80 'system' in the future (with video output), I want to understand it deeply...I don't just want to get schematic online and build. I want to create the schematic myself, know how everything works (I'm not in a hurry to acquire the knowledge)

Any suggestions will be cool. Thanks
Here is the book which I referred and refer.

https://www.amazon.com/Microprocessor-Architecture-Interfacing-Programming-Design/dp/818797236X

dmowziz

Joined Jan 18, 2019
oh mb, take your time...You suggest books for others, why only link for dmowziz. Please do better than this when you're home. Thanks

The search mostly the book the first user recommended

Thanks

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
What a coincidence, I have that book on my sofa.:eek:

I also have "Z80 Microprocessor Programming & Interfacing" by Elizabeth A Nicholas, Joseph C Nicholas and Peter R Rony. isbn 0-672-21609-4

"Z80 Assembly Language Subroutines" by Lance A Leventhal and Winthrop Saville. That should be helpful for you to write the monitor or system programs.

Allen

Last edited:

dmowziz

Joined Jan 18, 2019
What a coincidence, I have that book on my sofa.:eek:

I also have "Z80 Microprocessor Programming & Interfacing" by Elizabeth A Nicholas, Joseph C Nicholas and Peter R Rony. isbn 0-672-21609-4

"Z80 Assembly Language Subroutines" by Lance A Leventhal and Winthrop Saville. That should be helpful for you to write the monitor or system programs.

Allen
lol thanks I downloaded the 2nd

No thanks for giving me a 'like' I don't deserve. Don't do that

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
No, mine was there not that long. Just last year I was starting to get interested in Z80 after reading about the ZX spectrum+, so I dug up a few books on Z80 and refresh my memories on this cpu.

While waiting for some parts for the Z80 (PIO ans SIO chips) I got distracted by some other new things and the book was left there for almost a year. Luckily, my wife didn't said a word about this book so I have to read and use it fast and then return it the the bookshelf before she make any noise......

Allen

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Next to the ZX spectrum, you could also have a look at books about the TRS80 from Tandy.
Also the MSX and MSX2 are using the Z80.

Bertus