Bode & Nyquist homework

LazyGuy

Joined Dec 2, 2021
Hello!

I am a first semester Electrical Engineer student, and my Electricity 1. prof. decided to give us some really nice homework.
This is the problem, and how far I got trying to get the Bode form.

Please help, thank you in advance!

Attachments

dcbingaman

Joined Jun 30, 2021
You have the first part of the voltage divider incorrect. The transfer function would be R||C2/(C1+R||C2). Fix that first and derive the transfer function.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello!

I am a first semester Electrical Engineer student, and my Electricity 1. prof. decided to give us some really nice homework.
This is the problem, and how far I got trying to get the Bode form.

Please help, thank you in advance!
Hello there,

Are you trying to create a plot according to the Bode estimation theories or are you trying to create an actual exact frequency domain plot?
I have to ask because sometimes when they say "Bode" they want to mean an exact frequency domain plot.

The Bode idea was to plot an approximate 'curve' manually without using a computer based on the poles and zeros of the transfer function, while a frequency domain plot is just a plot using a graphing routine or calculating several points and connecting the dots. Sometimes when they say Bode though they mean an actual frequency domain plot so we have to know for sure which form they want. The original Bode approximation is made with straight lines for first order and sometimes second order while the frequency domain plot would always be curved.

Sorry i could not read your first picture because it has a grid which makes it hard to read.