bluetooth power supply

grayman1968

Joined Apr 28, 2020
Hope this post is in the correct place.

I have some ceiling speakers for my bathroom. They come with a B10 mini stereo amp. The amp is powered by a plug in power adapter bbut also has connections (it seems) for an inline adapter that I assume can be fitted to a lighting circuit. The specs for the amp are
  • Power Supply: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz (15V adapter)
  • Power consumption: 0.4 - 0.2A
What is the best and safest transformer to install.
I would prefer a seperate switch for the amp and have found a Manrose Remote pullcord transformer T12P
  • Input: 220-240V - 50Hz
  • Output: 12V AC. 50Hz 25VA S.E.L.V

Just wondering if this would be suitable?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Just wondering if this would be suitable?
Probably, but it's far too expensive. You can get a 12V power supply for a few dollars. It's a few volts low in voltage but has plenty of capacity. If you haven't bought it yet, I'd keep looking to get one that more closely meets the specs. (Extra current capacity is no problem, as long as you get one rated to at least 0.2A.

It would help to show a photo of the connections you mentioned, or give a link to your amp. I don't quite understand that.

grayman1968

Joined Apr 28, 2020
Probably, but it's far too expensive. You can get a 12V power supply for a few dollars. It's a few volts low in voltage but has plenty of capacity. If you haven't bought it yet, I'd keep looking to get one that more closely meets the specs. (Extra current capacity is no problem, as long as you get one rated to at least 0.2A.

It would help to show a photo of the connections you mentioned, or give a link to your amp. I don't quite understand that.
Hi. Thanks so much for your quick response. I've attached a picture of the Bluetooth amp showing the connections available. One for the plug in power supply and the two for power cables.

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hi. Thanks so much for your quick response. I've attached a picture of the Bluetooth amp showing the connections available. One for the plug in power supply and the two for power cables.
OK well one critical thing to notice is that the device requires DC, not AC. So not only do you need to match the requirements but you need to be very careful to match the polarity of the plug or the connectors. It's not obvious from the photo. The AC adaptor you have should make it clear.

I still think a 12V DC adapter rated to 3A or more (for safety) would work although the max volume might be reduced compared to 15V. I only bring it up because 12V DC adapters are everywhere and cheap. You can likely find 15VDC also but I think there will be less options.

grayman1968

Joined Apr 28, 2020
OK well one critical thing to notice is that the device requires DC, not AC. So not only do you need to match the requirements but you need to be very careful to match the polarity of the plug or the connectors. It's not obvious from the photo. The AC adaptor you have should make it clear.

I still think a 12V DC adapter rated to 3A or more (for safety) would work although the max volume might be reduced compared to 15V. I only bring it up because 12V DC adapters are everywhere and cheap. You can likely find 15VDC also but I think there will be less options.
Thanks. Can't find a 15v one for love nor money. I must be looking in the wrong place.