Bluetooth Amp. Power Issue

Rony.777

Joined May 2, 2022
Hi, I am trying to make 5W+5W bluetooth amplifier, i am using the components as the picture i uploaded, it is working but when i try to increase the volume ,like more then 50% the boost converter auto shuts down. Please suggest me any solution.

Attachments

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Your amplifier board can produce 3W per channel at 4Ω or 1.5W at 8Ω.

What is the impedance of your speakers?

In any case, you will not get 5W. Which is a good thing, because 5W would look likely destroy those speakers.

Bob

Rony.777

Joined May 2, 2022
Your amplifier board can produce 3W per channel at 4Ω or 1.5W at 8Ω.

What is the impedance of your speakers?

In any case, you will not get 5W. Which is a good thing, because 5W would look likely destroy those speakers.

Bob
Amplifire Board is
PAM8403 Dual Channel Amplifier Board 3W +3W For Class D Stereo Audio Amplifier Module 5V
Speaker is 5W 8ohm X 2 , Everything works ok if i use two seperate power source of 5V 2A, but when i try to power both module with boosted 5V from 4.2V 18650 battery i was unable to achieve 100% amplification from module. the boost converter auto shuts itself when the module require higher power , i need the solution in this case.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Amplifire Board is
PAM8403 Dual Channel Amplifier Board 3W +3W For Class D Stereo Audio Amplifier Module 5V
Speaker is 5W 8ohm X 2 , Everything works ok if i use two seperate power source of 5V 2A, but when i try to power both module with boosted 5V from 4.2V 18650 battery i was unable to achieve 100% amplification from module. the boost converter auto shuts itself when the module require higher power , i need the solution in this case.
Then you need a boost converter that can supply more current before it reaches its overload shutdown.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
You can calculate the maximum supply current of the PAM8403 amplifier from its datasheet when its outputs produce a total of 3W.
The photo of your Bluetooth receiver does not show its manufacture's name, part number and maximum supply current at 5V.

Add the supply currents that are needed from above to see if the boost converter maximum output current can do it.

The photo of your boost converter does not have a manufacture's name, part number and maximum output current when the battery voltage has dropped to 3V.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
From what I have found the booster says it rated at 4 amps.
Can't read the amp hour rating of the battery on my phone but suspect that is the problem.
Can you monitor the battery voltage when turning up the volume.?

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
The maximum current rating of the converter in your illustration is given as 3A with a recommendation to not exceed 2.5A in long term applications. This is an inexpensive Chinese converter so I would not have much faith in its published ratings. Get one that at least is rated at 5A.