Blue/Orange Theme Ratio.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
There's around 100 users who use the blue theme
That's about enough to cover all the regulars.:D
Consider, most of the short term visitors don't even know there's a choice. They don't have a bias because they have never seen the blue Theme.
I would guess most of the regulars changed back to blue.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Agreed. I should have worded my post in a relevant manner.

Out of all who have posted at least once per week for the last four weeks.

Or some such parameter to define a "regular user", from the flybys and search engines.

Or perhaps the ones giving answers vs asking questions.

That ratio would be of interest. To me anyhow.

Don't worry about it jrap, I know you're busy, I was just curious.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I agree with #12. I would not be surprised at all to find that nearly all the Blue theme users were members before the change. Most people that joined after probably don't know that an alternative is available (just as I wouldn't have known had a prior theme been an option). People tend to get comfortable with whatever they started with, even if they initially consciously found it annoying.

I just hope that the Blue theme stays available forever.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Yeah, the orange hurts my eyes. It seems gaudy and low class, like click bait.
I agree. The soft blue theme is just so much gentler on my eyes. Plus, the layout seems less cluttered (maybe that's at least partially an illusion).

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Wonder if the "orange" has anything to do with "drive by" posting? Ask a question and then can't see to get the answer due to retinal damage. :)

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
When the forum just change to the orange, I tried to keep it and make it feel comfortable, but when I used the smart phone to browsing the forum, a big orange bar make me felt uncomfortable and it will cover a large screen, I switched orange/blue several times and I fail for the orange, so I changed to the blue for a long time.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
If they put a "Try our blue theme" button on the main page.......we would find out.

If would be interesting to see, how many people who don't log on, would use it.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
If they put a "Try our blue theme" button on the main page.......we would find out.

If would be interesting to see, how many people who don't log on, would use it.
I just keep this thought in my mind, now you said so, if @jrap want to try it then we can see the result soon, I will vote the blue will be the winner ... :)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The "proper" test would be to assign visitors and new members a theme at random (of course this would mean that visitors would see different themes for different visits) and make the option to change the theme pretty obvious. Then you would look at a couple of numbers -- the fraction of visitors that changed them in each direction and the fraction that kept each option would be one useful number. The other one would then be which theme members went with and perhaps how frequently members change themes and whether or not there is a time frame after joining beyond which they become very unlikely to change their theme any more.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I see your reasoning. With the button, some can decline to choose. Instead of random, why not alternate every page til choice is made? Should get a quicker, and I propose, firmer result.

No, your right, random is friendlier. And like you say, first choice is not necessarily the last choice.

So one needs an equalization period anyway.