Blinking leds with NE555-IRFZ44 mosfet

VI ASI 1

Joined Dec 24, 2018
Hello everyone !
I have a problem with my circuit, in the simulation it seems normal, but when i wired everything , the blinking speed went up when i added the mosfet, for exemple when i use only the NE555 directly to the led, the led blinks once every 3 secondes , but when i use the mosfet, i had like 1-2 blinks/seconde, i tried removing/replacing the 1M ohm resistor but the same problem,i then tried putting a resistor between the NE555 and irf (pin 3 to gate) but then i had another problem... the led doesn't light up directly but there is a "transition phase" where the led starts lightening slowly first and then it lights up,i'm looking for a solution if anyone can help ^^ (sorry for my english btw).

Attachments

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Is the circuit on a breadboard? If so, there may be a poor connection to the FET.
Did you confirm the FET pinout is correct?
1meg seems much too high for R5. Try, say, 10k.

VI ASI 1

Joined Dec 24, 2018
The connection is correct, i'm connecting everything on a breadboard before soldering , as for the R5 i tried 1K, 100 ohm, 4.7k, and a potentiometer 50K (i tested it from 0 -> 50K )

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Try adding some decoupling capacitors. I suggest a 100 nF CLOSE to the 555 and a 47 uF. Also adding a resistor (Say 47 ohms ) between pin 3 of the 555 anf the gate of the mosfet. The current pulse when the 555 tries to charge the gate source capacitance of the mosfet it could be putting a negative pulse on the supply line. You could also try adding a decoupling capacitor to pin 5 of the 555 (Between 10 and 100 nF.)

Les.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
for exemple when i use only the NE555 directly to the led, the led blinks once every 3 secondes , but when i use the mosfet, i had like 1-2 blinks/seconde
Shouldn't make any difference.

If English is difficult for you, write in your native language, using correct grammar, and run it through a translator.