blinking LED project

Maria 1990

Joined Oct 30, 2017
If your function generator has a 50 ohm output resistance, it can drive an LED directly.
You can use a transistor, if you still want to.

Hey. I saw the circuit you uploaded. I also want to make an LED flash only by ussing a generator ? Is it possible ? If I try only the first part of the image you uploaded can I achieve that ?
Do I need a power supply ??
Thank you very much for your answer .

Hyjacking someone elses thread is not allowed, Now you have a thread of your own.

This was split from

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/blinking-led-project.76868/#post-1195148

Last edited by a moderator:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I also want to make an LED flash only by ussing a generator ? Is it possible ? ...
Do I need a power supply ??
An LED is versatile but is easily damaged by too much current. So in most applications there are other components to prevent excessive current. It could be as simple as using a battery with so little capacity that it cannot overpower the LED. It could be a resistor in series with the LED.

The current-limiting circuitry you need depends on the power supply you want to use.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If you want I could draw a schematic I think migh work?

signalal gen to LED.png

This ought to do it I thought about putting a large capaxitor on the input lin because any DC On the signal source will stop the circuit from working. Q1 is not critical It can b a TIP100 or similar.

Last edited:

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I also want to make an LED flash only by ussing a generator ? Is it possible ?
If the signal generator can provide enough current, you only need to add a resistor.
upload_2017-10-31_8-9-41.png

But signal generators aren't usually used in this manner. It's more common for a circuit to have it's own power source and the signal generator provides input to a fairly high impedance, or a matched impedance (e.g. 50 ohms).