Billy Joel and other singers of yester-year

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Billy Joel is playing a concert in Pittsburgh tonight. A local channel has been playing live clips during the 11 O'clovk news. He can still play the piano. His voice, well, he has less than one octave of range. If I was in the audience and paid for a ticket, I would be asking him to start lip synching.

My kids gave me a bluray of The Eagles Greatest Hits - Live. Their voices were shot, too. I don't know if these guys need money or just love being loved (as they get paid).

In this day, when everyone gets to be a critic on a nightly basis finding, A voice, a talented American, or whatever. Then they turn around and spend good money on a memory with a monotone voice.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
And then there's the guy who never had any range, but made the women from 8 to 80 swoon like crazy...and still does. Here's a candid photo I shot of him before he got dressed for the concert.
DSC00593c.jpg

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
@jpanhalt, I noticed your image search is working well earlier today - can you help me out with @tracecom 's post (2 above this one)? I'm not good with faces. It looks like a glossy Neil Diamond?