Basic doubt regarding PCB component testing

amitksingh2003

Joined Mar 2, 2017
Update: Good and bad news.

The good news first:
I received replacement DC power distribution PCB and DC Driver board. Replaced both and now I am able switch on the camera. I am able to access all the menu items. I can see photos from SD card.

Now the bad news:
There are two more problems still there in the camera.

1. Top LCD flashing "Err" in S,A and Auto mode. It works fine in M mode. Searching online for this error code indicates that it may be a problem with the shutter. I am ruling out bad contacts between camera and lens as this error persists whether I attach the lens or not. I'll open the cam again and check if I fixed them properly. It may be a simple problem or may be something serious, don't know yet.

2. I was playing around with the camera pressing different buttons and suddenly it went into On-Off loop. This issue I faced when I was to leave for office, so I couldn't verify if it's just the top LCD going Off and On or the complete camera. I removed the battery, waited for some time and inserted again, and switched on. It was stable this time. I pressed many random keys again and then it went into On-Off loop. Now, I am not sure where to look for issue for this problem. Thought of ordering replacement main PCB. However, wanted to see if it can be solved just by replacing some part.

N