Basic DC Timer

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I am making a Table Display and the LED takes 12 Volts.

Everything is going good but I am looking for a Timer to Wire to my Battery Pack.

I am using 2. D Cell Battery Holders.

They both can hold 4. Batteries.

I did find this Timer https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MTCD1KH/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?smid=AGTXEOAZWIVDD&psc=1

Do they not Sell DC Timers you do not have to Program or Set?

If you Buy these LED String Light with the Battery Pack the Timer on it is a Basic On and Off Switch and it is for a Set amount of Hours.

I hope somebody can help?

Thanks for the Time.

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Keep the Display On for Say 6 Hours then go Off then come On the same Time that you put it On the First Time the next Day.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Do they not Sell DC Timers you do not have to Program or Set?
So... you are looking for a timer that you do not have to program or set.

What? You expect to find a timer that happens to do exactly what you want it to do right out of the box?

Seems like a pretty unrealistic expectation.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Keep the Display On for Say 6 Hours then go Off then come On the same Time that you put it On the First Time the next Day.
I think the closest you will find, off-the-shelf, is something that you can program a daily on/off pattern into it (similar to a lot of thermostats).

Is there a reason that something like this wouldn't work for you?

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Actually, Killer Queen (AKA Morticia) found LED candles for the Windows to celebrate the solstice season that do just that. you turn them on at dusk one day and they stay in for 5 hours each day thereafter. Perhaps you could find one of these to use as the timer. They are dirt cheap at stores selling Xmas decorations.

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Well when you Buy these String Lights with the Battery Pack they just have One Button and if you Set it to Timer it goes Off say after 6. Hours and comes back On the next Day at the same Time.

You do not have to Program them.

Do they Sell these types of Timers?