Back to old format. Where to go?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Thank you Bertus! I hate to say it, but I couldn't stand the new format. Much more difficult to navigate, lots of clutter, no organization. I'm glad there was an option to go back to the old format!

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
In the new style, even the link given by jrap to the style chooser is unhighlighted and difficult to find. In the new format, on my device, no menu item exists for account setting changes so the link is the only way to get back.

Last edited:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
In the new style, even the link given by jrap to the style chooser is unhighlighted and difficult to find. In the new format, on my device, no menu item exists for account setting changes so the link is the only way to get back.
To change from the 'new' style to the 'legacy' style:

1) Hover over your avatar (near the left end of the bar at the top of the page) -- A drop-down menu will appear
2) Click on 'User Panel'
4) Click On 'Preferences'
5) On the 'resulting' page, scroll down and click on 'preferences'
6) Select style 'vB 3.x - Fluid'
7) Click 'Save changes'

Hope this helps:)

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
That's all well and good if it can be accomplished. Ever try hovering on a smart phone? I managed to actuate the invisible link in jraps post so I'm already there.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
That's all well and good if it can be accomplished. Ever try hovering on a smart phone? I managed to actuate the invisible link in jraps post so I'm already there.
Please don't misunderstand my intent -- I was merely attempting to assist with navigation of the new style, no contradiction nor proselytizing intended:cool:

Best regards
HP:)

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I will wager all those present users (me included) will switch back to the old more readable format.
It looks like another 'If it is Right, we can always change it' :rolleyes:
Max.