Back Then....................

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
Here's a little rant I wrote. You might want to sing it note for note:rolleyes:

That cashier had obviously forgotten about the 18-20 cell phones he had bought since 2000 and the 8-10 computers since then and thrown away. The amount of discarded electronics in Iceland since 2005 until last year has tripled in tons. Some of it can be explained because of better monitoring and recycling of those materials today but still...

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
In those days (I was 7) my dad used to give me money and send me to the small store around the corner to buy cigarettes and beer... the owner just handed them over without asking any questions.
Smoking and drinking at a rather early age :eek:

In our shop we would get kids who could hardly talk coming in with money wrapped in a note to buy a mickey.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Smoking and drinking at a rather early age :eek:

In our shop we would get kids who could hardly talk coming in with money wrapped in a note to buy a mickey.
I had my last cigarette in 1986...
As for drinking, my dad would let us sip beer at any age (even down to 5 year old) just to satisfy our curiosity. But of course he would never allow us to actually drink. Once our curiosity was satisfied, we'd lose interest and move on to more age-appropriate things. I started drinking beer with my friends at 15 or 16 and none of us (we were a group of about 30 friends) became alcoholics or heavy drinkers.
I credit that with the fact that in my culture "under age" drinking was never seen as a taboo thing, and our customs were more relaxed.
On the other hand, when I went to the US as a foreign exchange student, I'd see people obsessed with drinking, and couldn't wait to turn 21 so they'd go bar-hopping and drown their brains out... and possibly kill themselves during the celebration.

Last edited: