Avanti Winer Chiller Model SWC2801

SharkeyImages

Joined Apr 27, 2021
Hello,
I picked up this wine chiller.
It gets cold. The issue I have is the fan is surging up and down. The temp reading on the front moves in sink with the surging. Ranges from 44-47 degrees.
what could be causing this?
I have never owned one before. Do these constantly run ? Or should they turn off once temp is reached?
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
If the fan is noisy when it is running slowly but is quieter whne it speeds up this is a problem with bearing and you need a new fan.

SharkeyImages

Joined Apr 27, 2021
The fan sounds normal. It is the surging on and off the is the problem. Sometimes it runs consistent at high speed, then will drop off and speed back up like it is surging. Along with this the temp jumps from 44-47 or even 48 degrees. It is when it drops to the 44 degrees the fan will slow briefly but as the temp spikes back up immediately, the fan spins up. Wondering if it might be a temp controller or something to do with one of the circuit boards???

7domino

Joined Jun 15, 2021
Hello,
I picked up this wine chiller.
It gets cold. The issue I have is the fan is surging up and down. The temp reading on the front moves in sink with the surging. Ranges from 44-47 degrees.
what could be causing this?
I have never owned one before. Do these constantly run ? Or should they turn off once temp is reached?
Thank you in advance.
I can confirm that ours turns off when it hits temperature