automatic water level control System ?

abhimanyu143

Joined Aug 25, 2014
Hello

I want to make automatic water level control System That will control flow of nutrient soluation. Is this possible with microcontroller

example
1. flow only 10 mL into water tank
2. flow only 10 mL into water tank
3. flow only 15 mL into water tank
4. flow only 10 mL into water tank

Plesae look image and tell me how to make automatic water level control System That will control flow of nutrient soluation.

Attachments

TheButtonThief

Joined Feb 26, 2011
You'd need a dosing pump of some sort (or pump plus flow meter). I'm thinking you could use the washer jet pump from a small car and a small fluid flow meter to measure how much is being pumped. Once you have the hardware, it's just a matter of writing the program for your micro.

abhimanyu143

Joined Aug 25, 2014
Are you looking for "water level" or "nutrient" volume (xx mL?) control? How accurate? How often?

Ken
I want to control nutrient volume. result should be approximate

1. flow only 10 mL into water tank

if nutrient flow approximate 8-12 mL than its fine but if nutrient flow less then 8 ml or greater than 12ml that's not good system

abhimanyu143

Joined Aug 25, 2014
You'd need a dosing pump of some sort (or pump plus flow meter). I'm thinking you could use the washer jet pump from a small car and a small fluid flow meter to measure how much is being pumped. Once you have the hardware, it's just a matter of writing the program for your micro.
ok, I think washer jet pump will not work with 5 volt. I have to use driven IC to operate washer jet pump

can you help me to select right component. I did google search ,there are lot of information. I am confused I don't understand which washer jet pump and flow meter I have to buy.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
How often would a dose be injected?

Looks like the commercial dosers are a bit pricey. I don't know if your gravity-feed source with a valve and timer would be accurate enough. I really don't know.

Ken

TheButtonThief

Joined Feb 26, 2011
5V straight from the output of a micro is simply a logic "high" and isn't going to drive any sort of motor/valve or solenoid suitable for your project. 12V supply to the washer jet motor, switched from the output of your micro via transistor ;)

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
As ken asked, how many times or duration between doses? What decides it?
One fairly simple method would be a small 10/12ml reservoir at the circled point of the DWG with a very slow/drip feed into the reservoir, at the prescribed time the small pump could be switch until the reservoir is emptied.
A simple float switch in the reservoir could detect upper and lower dose limit.
Or a variation of the above.
A Mosfet would be suitable for interfacing the pump and μp.
Max.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Use a 3 way solenoid valve, ON= flow from port A-B, OFF= flow from port A-C.

Connect a small pump to port B, port A goes to a vertical cylinder that is open at the top, with an overflow that goes back to the tank.

Turn on the valve and pump long enough to ensure the cylinder is full. (overflows for a while) The overflow returns to the tank, no loss.

Turn off the pump and valve, the standing volume in the cylinder will flow out port C by gravity - always a constant dose, equal to the volume of the vertical cylinder.

This would require only one timer to control the dosing.