Auto logoff viewing Forums list!

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
So this has been happening for the last couple weeks!
Logon goes normally but after visiting any subforum the forums button throws me back into guest session until I login again. Then it's same thing all over:rolleyes:! Tnx for help:)!

Yes, something has been happening differently, but I am not sure that you are actually logged-off, although it looks that way.

To illustrate what I see.... 1. Log in and see your icon in upper right as usual. 2. Click orange Forum button and you see Log In where your icon was, as though you were in a guest session. But you are not, you are still logged in (at least "partially"). At this point, if you go to a post with an attached picture, you will be able to view it as though you were logged in. You will also be able to make a post, or continue with a post that you started to write.

It also appears to be browser-specific.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Yes, I have noticed this for a week now.
Click on the browser's back arrow and continue browsing.
Don't click on any "Forum" buttons or menu items.

More diagnostic info...Logged in with U/P and I don't see my icon. Scroll down to member's list, and I am not listed. Refresh and icon appears. Now, clicking the orange Forum button does not send me into limbo.

FWIW, I view AAC in the classic "blue mode" and I'm not experiencing this problem.

("Orange mode" makes my eyes bleed so I don't use it.)
Yeah, just checked that and if using vB 3.x-Fluid in account/preferences/style the issue is not happening here. It is only happening in AAC Updated v3 (AKA eye-bleeding orange style :)).

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
What is the problem just staying logged in? I do that in the Blue version, and to check if I was shown as logged in, when I was at my sons house I went here, AAC, and was not shown as "on line". So can't see the reason to ever log out.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The problem is not staying logged in.
The problem is when you click "Forum" it tells you that you are logged out. If you back-up via browser you are still logged in.

It appears to happen across different OS and browsers.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Just as an experiment I've switched over to "Orange mode" to see if I could replicate the problem. No luck: no matter what I do (short of clicking the "Log Out" button) I remain logged in.

(running Google Chrome version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a MacBook Air with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6)

Now back to "Blue mode" before my eyeballs explode...

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Major tnx for responses! It's nice to know it's not just me:cool:!

It also appears to be browser-specific.
Raymond Genovese tnx! Since HP insists we (which includes HP, TV, JC and I) use FF ESC (for like _Tutorial Business_ which for practical purpose extends to all of AAC {for me anyhow}) I'll definitely make point of asking if they have problem too:)!

FWIW, I view AAC in the classic "blue mode" and I'm not experiencing this problem.
What is the problem just staying logged in? I do that in the Blue version,
Tnx for responses!

So I'm using blue style but staying logged in isn't option cuz security suite _crumbles_ cookies, LSOs and also totally wipes ALL history on exit:(

and to check if I was shown as logged in, when I was at my sons house I went here, AAC, and was not shown as "on line".
Shortbus ur correct! _Logged in_ status times out after short period of inactivity.

The problem is not staying logged in.
The problem is when you click "Forum" it tells you that you are logged out. If you back-up via browser you are still logged in.
MrChips tnx! Cuz that's exactly what's happening to me! But also If I do ANYTHING b4 _backing up_ then I'm completely logged out:rolleyes:!

Just as an experiment I've switched over to "Orange mode" to see if I could replicate the problem. No luck: no matter what I do (short of clicking the "Log Out" button) I remain logged in.
OBW0549 That's right! It's totally intermittent problem! Which I say is worst kind for troubleshooting:(

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
But when I come back I don't need to go through the whole log in process again. That was my point. But then again I don't use a VPN or anything like that.
Shortbus how it works is you totally stay logged in but your _on line status_ (viewable to other users) times out after awhile of inactivity (Sry cuz IDK the exact amount of time prolly abt an hour or so):)