Audio sensor keyes ky037, constantly getting max value

Luka Dragicevic

Joined Dec 16, 2016
I'm having trouble with my stm32f4 mcu connected with keyes ky037 audio sensor.

I have programmed in MikroC compiler for ARM some example code, just to print taken input analog voltage from audio sensor. One weird thing that confuses me is the thing that when I manually change sensor's potentiometer threshold value I am getting lower or higher ~ value which can't be true, because potentiometer on this sensor affects only digital output (if threshold is reached) otherwise it shouldn't affect my sensor's analog output but it obviously does.

And also, when I let potentiometer's some value (whatever it is), I am always getting similar values (currently in range ~ 3.32xxxx), where xxxx changes randomly (in my opinion) in time even if I scream or I don't talk anything (xxxx doesn't need to be higher if i scream).

Feel free to ask for additional information.

I've provided example code in attachment.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Luka Dragicevic

Joined Dec 16, 2016
I've checked, and my print is totally all right.

I don't know why threshold(potentiometer) changes my analog read value from ADC (even if it's constantly around some (threshold) value).

Luka Dragicevic

Joined Dec 16, 2016
easy: adc a known voltage and see if you get the right readings.
I have adc a GND, and 3.3V and I recieved right readings, so ADC converter works fine with this code.

How can I find out why my AnalogOutput (AO) from Keyes-KY037, sends me same value (or + - 3) in range of 0-4096?

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
presumably - you will need to check this out - the analog output from a sound sensor is ac -> it goes up and down with the sound wave.

read the sensor's datasheet / schematic to be sure.