Audio filter from 1Khz to 7 Khz

august

Joined Aug 8, 2009
Please help i am newbie here. I need design audio filter which only work in 1 Khz till 7 Khz. Can anyone here help me pls!

thx!

august

fanie

Joined Jan 20, 2007
i am newbie here
Nice excuse :D

Do a search for Filter Lab. You can design a high and low pass filter from that.

There are about 3 different filter programmes (freeware) you can use. Some just works easier

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
Maybe this circuit will be enough

\(R1=\frac{Q }{2*\Pi*F*C1*Ku}\)

\(R2=\frac{Q }{2*\Pi*F*C1(2*Q^2-Ku)}\)

\(R3=\frac{Q }{\Pi*F*C1}\)

Or simplified equations

\(R1=Xc*\frac{Q }{Ku}\)

\(R2=Xc*\frac{Q }{2*Q^2-Ku}\)

\(R3=Xc*2Q\)

Where:
C1=C2
\(Xc=\frac{1 }{2*\pi*F*C}\)

Ku=gain

B=Bandwidth=Fg-Fd=7KHz-1KHz=6KHz

Fo=4Khz

\(Q=\frac{f0}{B}\)

\(f0=\frac{1}{2*\Pi*C}*\sqr{\frac{1}{R3}*(\frac{1}{R1}+\frac{1}{R2})}\)

Or this simple circuit

FL= lower cut-off frequencies = 0.16/(C1*R1)

FH= upper cut-off frequencies = 0.16/(C2*R2)

Au=gain=R2/R1​

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Please help i am newbie here. I need design audio filter which only work in 1 Khz till 7 Khz. Can anyone here help me pls!

thx!

august
It would be useful for you to provide us with some information on your application for this band-pass filter.

hgmjr

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
FilterPro by TI and sloa096 (filter design application note by TI) are joined at the hip, so to speak.

Going through the calculations can be fun. The sequential process for a design described in the note is particularly helpful. FilterPro gives a graphical presentation of the response and calculates the gain bandwidth product (GBP) needed for the op-amp. I found the comparison of filter types and ability to readily observe how the response changes with different variable inputs particularly educational.

I suggest the OP go through the calculations for a simple design, but then use a program such as FilterPro to finalize his design. Note especially the effect of component tolerances on your actual results. You may need to tweak some values.

John