Audio Amplifier project question

pola.hano

Joined Dec 16, 2019
Hello everyone,
Could you please help me with that project ..
How its circuit will be in first case ? and with using D class ?
it is shown in picture attached
Thanks in advance ...
Annotation 2019-12-17 015250.jpg

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
This sounds like a school project.
Did you learn about audio amplifier designs?
Are you allowed to simply copy one of the millions of designs found on the internet?
Have you made a specifications list of output power, voltage gain, frequency response and distortion from this amplifier?

pola.hano

Joined Dec 16, 2019
This sounds like a school project.
Did you learn about audio amplifier designs?
Are you allowed to simply copy one of the millions of designs found on the internet?
Have you made a specifications list of output power, voltage gain, frequency response and distortion from this amplifier?
Hello Audioguru,
thanks for your response ...
it is college project
No, I don't .I have verry little knowledge so I seek for helping
no I can't .I am beginner
No, I have not

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Why are you trying to do a project without having any training in it??
When I was studying electronics in university, I did not select a project to design an ocean liner that I know nothing about.

Sorry, I am not a teacher and I will not give you a link to a design for you to copy.

pola.hano

Joined Dec 16, 2019
Why are you trying to do a project without having any training in it??
When I was studying electronics in university, I did not select a project to design an ocean liner that I know nothing about.

Sorry, I am not a teacher and I will not give you a link to a design for you to copy.
my university is somehow rediculous !
OK, thanks for you

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I said the guidelines that you did not do:
"An audio amplifier design starts with the specifications of its performance like power output, voltage gain, frequency response and distortion."
If you look at a list of speakers being sold you will see that most home speakers are 8 ohms, not 100 ohms.

pola.hano

Joined Dec 16, 2019
"An audio amplifier design starts with the specifications of its performance like power output, voltage gain, frequency response and distortion."
If you look at a list of speakers being sold you will see that most home speakers are 8 ohms, not 100 ohms.
Oookay Audioguru I will get these specifications and return back .. Thanks

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
It seems that instead of teaching about circuits, the teacher or professor wants the students to learn about it all by themselves.
Then why is the teacher or professor paid to be there?

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
Then why is the teacher or professor paid to be there?
Teachers at the university level (theoretically know their field) but have never taken a single class on how to teach.
My wife teaches children at grades 9-12. She has a 4 year degree in math, miners in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology and a 4 year degree in education. Every summer she took a class in how to teach. Some how, when you get to college you magically do not need a teacher and this is what happens.

Many teachers at the university have not "done this in real life". You can not reliability put 9.99 watts on a 10 watt resistor. When the data sheet said "current gain=100" it is certainly not 100. It is 50 to 200 depending on current, temperature, C-E voltage and many other factors. When your teacher appears to not know or care it is your job to learn any way you can.

It is the students job to learn. It is (secondly) the students job to learn what it takes to make the teacher happy. (even if it is wrong)

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
It seems that some teachers are lazy or don’t care it’s just a job and maybe they’re not paid much... my last one would not reply to emails or make time for office hours. Just because you had a career in electronics doesn’t make you a great teacher. The class and books can only cover so much. A chapter in diodes is not enough to teach you how to use a TVS properly. All the chapters for amplifiers in my book won’t teach you how to design a good amplifier. It will give you some guidelines, terminology and perhaps some equations. Even the equations are at some point just simplifications. We over complicate and over simplify. It really is up to you what you want to learn and what you want to get good at... who has time for it all... with this approach it’s still valuable and you will get out what you put into it.

Headphones are typically 75-150 Ohms.

challenging to amplify a microphone, they need a lot of gain.. there are issues with high gain... think feedback.

Class AB output is pretty straight forward.

I would approach it in 3 stages

preamp stage
gain stage
output stage

it’s possible to vary the volume at preamp or output stage

think about each stage and what you need to couple them and bias them correctly. This is just a guideline and the details are a lot of work But maybe it will help you.