As the famous song from Space Ghost says:

Thread Starter

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
5,207
"If you eat some un-cooked pork, you'll sit around and moan."

And all I gotta say is: "AINT THAT THE TRUTH!"

I am just now able to stand after a under-cooked, albeit delicious, rack of ribs.



SO, the moral to the story?:

If you have been out with friends, bouncing around the bars, wait until the thermometer hits 160 before deciding "Im hungry, and they look done."

"OPEN THE NORTH AND SOUTH FLOODGATES!" ;)
 

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
2,806
Nasty, try to have as much fluid as you can manage and don't get too far from the bathroom.
I had campylobacter once, lost a stone in a week.
 

Thread Starter

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
5,207
Trichinosis is the name, puking and a Dr. visit is the game...:eek: Hope you feel better soon...
Thank you, I am already feeling much better.. some multi-symptom Imodium REALLY, REALLY works well. I WILL be keeping these on hand.

I am feeling much better. Earlier, 6:30am, all waste was breaking loose ;).

And I was sweating too much to get comfortable, and if I tried to change positions, "bad things" happened.

I feel almost like myself again, just low energy level.

Markd77 said:
Nasty, try to have as much fluid as you can manage and don't get too far from the bathroom.
I had campylobacter once, lost a stone in a week.
Ugg. It is quite amazing how "poisoned" one feels when this happens.

You feel like you are dying, or may be willing to gnaw on a gun barrel, but haven't the energy to do so.

It is almost like the worst hangover, mixed with a really bad hangover, with a large serving of Satan sprinkles. ;)

At least I can joke around now.

I still have a "cloudiness" about me, but when comparing now to then, I feel like $6! :D
 

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
5,182
The worst part is when after you have been hugging the porcelain lady all day, you have nothing more to unload and your eyes pop out from your stomack's strain to get something out of you by force.

Almost every time I 'm sick I have stomach disturbances. But I prefer that to high fevers and general weakness.
 

Thread Starter

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
5,207
It can be worse. Nothing like both ends going at the same time.
Thats what I meant by "Open the North and South floodgates." :eek:

And OH BOY were they open!

Sitting on the "throne" with the trashcan between my feet.

Un-pleasant.

dizzy, feverish, dehydrated, cramping in all kinds of muscles.. Yak heaves are brutal!
 

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
1,686
For the last 2 days I have been eating $40.00 worth of diced Bar B Que
Pork ,sause,slaw and baked beans,eating the last of the beans now.
 

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
4,159
I remove the ribs from the smoker after about 30 minutes. I then wrap them in foil and throw in a small amount of barbeque sauce and let them sit in a 250 F oven for about 3 more hours. The meat will fall off the bone and you can cut it with a fork. Ummmmm Ummmm Goood.

Never tried it direct from the smoker. I figure if the way I do it works, why change?

I always seem to get the 'running trots' as you describe after going out to eat at a nice commercial eatery. Can't remember ever getting it from home cooked food.
 

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
2,148
This sort of food poisoning is not really a laughing matter. "Open at both ends" for extended periods can lead to fatal dehydration, and very often does in situations where there is no access to health care. A lot of children in Third World countries lose their lives this way.

I will never forget the time that I ate some oysters at a party with some friends one Saturday evening. No symptoms showed up until two days later, when things started going downhill (and uphill!) very fast. This eventually led to several days' hospitalisation on IV fluids, and full recovery took weeks. That was thirty years ago; I have not tried oysters since.
 

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
10,007
Open at both ends.,...Peeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!.

Why do you eat those things. Try healthy stuff for a change.

Hope u are feeling better than me buddy.....
I have been fighting the male tube for a while now.
Recently found blood every now and then and still gives me a a lot of pain during urinating.

It's been a week now. Sometimes feels better and sometimes I find blood clot after urine. Hurts like hell.
 

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
23,830
Open at both ends.,...Peeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!.

Why do you eat those things. Try healthy stuff for a change.

Hope u are feeling better than me buddy.....
I have been fighting the male tube for a while now.
Recently found blood every now and then and still gives me a a lot of pain during urinating.

It's been a week now. Sometimes feels better and sometimes I find blood clot after urine. Hurts like hell.
Agreed. Do not ignore this. Many problems are minor if addressed early, but will kill you if ignored.
 

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
4,159
Open at both ends.,...Peeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!.

Why do you eat those things. Try healthy stuff for a change.

Hope u are feeling better than me buddy.....
I have been fighting the male tube for a while now.
Recently found blood every now and then and still gives me a a lot of pain during urinating.

It's been a week now. Sometimes feels better and sometimes I find blood clot after urine. Hurts like hell.
It is possible you might be passing a 'stone'. Most have very jagged, sharp edges and can cut your urethra on the way out - result is blood and PAIN.
 

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
2,148
Lots of things are possible, some are trivial but others are...otherwise. No instance of unexplained blood loss from a bodily orifice should be ignored. This is something which you should take to a doctor without delay.

Having myself had a diagnosis of serious illness at a fairly late stage, I would encourage anyone not to waste time in this sort of situation.
 

mbohuntr

Joined Apr 6, 2009
446
Oh yeah, definately have that looked at!! Back to food... anyone tried Mongolian BBQ yet? You fill your bowl with raw meats and veggies and hand it to the barbarians who cook it for you... pretty cool!!!!
 

Thread Starter

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
5,207
Oh yeah, definately have that looked at!! Back to food... anyone tried Mongolian BBQ yet? You fill your bowl with raw meats and veggies and hand it to the barbarians who cook it for you... pretty cool!!!!
Do they pee blood on it? ;)
 
Top