Arduino Pro mini interface

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
What is starter relay?
How is it different from regular relay?
Pro Mini comes in two versions. Is your relay compatible with your version of Pro Mini?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I assume the reference to starter is a Contactor?
If so, they can be obtained with AC or DC coils of various voltages.
If using DC then a logic Mosfet could be used.
Use a reverse EMF diode across the coil.
Max.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
I assume the reference to starter is a Contactor?
If so, they can be obtained with AC or DC coils of various voltages.
If using DC then a logic Mosfet could be used.
Use a reverse EMF diode across the coil.
Max.
They do sell contactors that use 4-6V for control. That would work for 5V Pro Mini. It would not work for 3.3V Pro Mini.

Kamalahasan B

Joined Apr 27, 2019
They do sell contactors that use 4-6V for control. That would work for 5V Pro Mini. It would not work for 3.3V Pro Mini.
Starter relay is automobile relay used in two wheelers. I can connect this starter relay with arduino Pro mini 5v for one of the road safety project.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I did not mean to infer using the Arduino supply for the contactor, just using the Mosfet to switch whatever the DC coil voltage was.
Max.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Mosfet is OK but, I can control the starter relay within the bike using arduino for my project.
Yes you can... by controlling a properly rated MOSFET.

The two are requirements that must be used together. The Arduino controls the MOSFET that controls the starter.

Or in other words, you CANNOT control a starter directly with an Arduino Pro Mini.

Kamalahasan B

Joined Apr 27, 2019
Yes you can... by controlling a properly rated MOSFET.

The two are requirements that must be used together. The Arduino controls the MOSFET that controls the starter.

Or in other words, you CANNOT control a starter directly with an Arduino Pro Mini.
Mosfet range?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Mosfet range?
Do you want the specs of a MOSFET that will work. Not meaning to speak for the others, but we have no clue... You have to get the relay operating voltage, the current it draws when activated, the supply voltage (and source) for the Arduino and relay... You haven’t supplied and of us that information.

Let’s say I need to take a bus on a trip. Which bus should I take? You try and tell me.