applying KVL to semiconductor circuits

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
In my textbook there are no voltage dependent sources.The diagram is just same as figure 6 in your first link but it has simple battery symbols for voltage sources.
In the link you are referring to, you will notice that in the models for the transistor that there is a diamond shaped symbol in the collector loop. This symbol represents a current controlled current source. As you may already know, the collector current in a BJT transistor is related to the base current by the dimensionless factor referred to as beta. This current controlled current source is included in the model to account for that relationship.

hgmjr

uzair

Joined Dec 26, 2007
If we put a simple battery symbol instead of the current controlled current source's diamond shaped symbol, is there any problem?

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
The substitution of a battery in place of the current-controlled current-source upsets the integrity of the transistor model.

hgmjr

uzair

Joined Dec 26, 2007
Do upsetting the "integrity" of model means you are going to the wrog path? Obviously going to wrong path means you are going to find fish instead of voltage.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Yes, you would be headed down the wrong path if you substitute a battery in place of the current-controlled current-source.

You will not find fish but you will get the wrong answer.

hgmjr

uzair

Joined Dec 26, 2007
In the link you have given me it is said that:-
"We will assign a positive sign to a term that refers to
a reference voltage drop, and a negative sign to a term that refers
to a reference voltage rise."
But the method which i learned says that we assign positive signs where there are voltage rises and vice versa. What about it?

uzair

Joined Dec 26, 2007
[/URL][/IMG]

I have inserted an image which shows wheatstone bridge solved through KVL with my method. Please can anybody tell whether is it right or wrong. If it is wrong, then why?