Apogee Duet USB Audio Interface - OLED Screen not working.

lichtenbergjared

Joined Jun 9, 2020
Hey all - this is my first post.

I've been attempting to repair my audio interface, an Apogee Duet. It's a common thing for this OLED screen in these devices to go out.

I made a video about trying to repair it:

It appears to be getting the correct voltage to the OLED panel, but I can't figure out why it's not powering up. I purchased a new replacement LCD, but it does not appear to have fixed things as this article sees to suggest. Still not working with the new OLED replacement.

The part number is UG-6028GDEBF01, which since has been updated with the same part number, except it ends in "2" now instead of a "1".

Apogee won't provide me with a schematic, understandably. but I can't locate the chip driving the data for the OLED panel, or the chip on this board providing power to the duet.

I'm happy to post more pictures of the board, but it seems like the via's in the board coming off connector "J6" right in the center of the picture on the main board (which connects to the OLED daughter board, shown to the right) might be going to another layer in the circuit board.

Most of the chips on the board are buffers, opamps for audio, or A/D or D/A converters understandably.

Open to anyone's input on what I should be looking for next or how to diagnose.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 9.06.13 PM.png