Any Members of ETO here? BEWARE

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
That site is totally screwed up today. I believe it has been hacked, and there is malware functioning. Getting multiple notices of postings to threads. A few others that we know of are affected too. Have tried various options, such as labeling as junk -- didn't work. After posting several comments in the feedback section, I cannot post any longer.

Neither the moderators nor administrators have responded on the site. Others who have been affected may not be able to get on the site either, so we do not know the scope of the problem.

BEWARE!

John

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Working fine for me. I see the same old goobers there asking the same old questions over and over so that they can appear more competent at their own jobs than they really are. :p

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The last notification I received was time stamped about 1 AM local time (+5 hours here). Maybe the auto-delete for blocked addresses started to work. Still can't sign on. John

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
That site is totally screwed up today. I believe it has been hacked, and there is malware functioning. Getting multiple notices of postings to threads. A few others that we know of are affected too. Have tried various options, such as labeling as junk -- didn't work. After posting several comments in the feedback section, I cannot post any longer.

Neither the moderators nor administrators have responded on the site. Others who have been affected may not be able to get on the site either, so we do not know the scope of the problem.

BEWARE!

John
It appears that the "send email notification of all responses to my posts" has been activated for all users. Audioguru just responded to your post about the malfunction - he is getting crunched with emails.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
@jpanhalt -- Thanks for the head's up:)

FWIW I've had no problems to date --- But then the extent of my participation on said site amounts to a single post made over four months ago:oops:

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
@jpanhalt -- Thanks for the head's up:)

FWIW I've had no problems to date --- But then the extent of my participation on said site amounts to a single post made over four months ago:oops:

Best regards
HP
Unfortunately, DerStrom (aka Matt) failed to note in his supercilious reply to my post here (http://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/multiple-notices-of-same-reply.145103/#post-1227630 ) that the only reason I posted on ACC about the problems at ETO was that I could no longer post on ETO due to ITS screw up on authentication. It has been my experience that moderators, including DerStrom at ETO, have the authority to solve sign on problems. Nevertheless, not a single moderator has offered to help. That message is hard to miss, even for a septuagenarian like myself.

John

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Something's 'hinky' alright:rolleyes: --- As I understand "dmiyares's" post the email servers are down - however I promptly received automated "password reset" correspondence following my request for same (this afternoon):confused:

Best regards
HP

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Truth being told... I have no idea what others see in ETO... this place has much higher quality and content... not to mention the abundance of interesting, colorful personalities that inhabit it Emoji Smiley-41.png

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
ETO was my #1 goto place for a few years until a mod or two went on a high and mighty trip and started taking liberties with their very loose interpretations of the rules and to whom they would or would not apply to and well you know what happens when that happens. Lots of unjustified and unexplained banings deletions, unexplained post editings and so on rather took the fun out of the site for a lot of people real fast. :rolleyes:

Then of course I ran amok with my poking stick and bag of troll feed and apparently overfed a troll or two to the point they blew themselves up and got perma banned for it. :p

Ah good times. :D

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
An administrator answered the TS' question over at ETO. It appears a mail server upgrade caused the excessive emails.

And the next video is dedicated to all the server mailfunctions that help get the word out to the members ....