Any freebies?

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
Hey guys, I was wondering if any body had any spare parts.
My collection of components isnt a very big one. i get most from broken electronics but there getting hard to find.
I live in the USA so if you have any parts and your willing to send a few here and there with a 45c postage i can pay the postage.

not looking for anything specific. I'm just trying my best to learn but I never have any spare money. got to get out of oregon.

Thank you god bless!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Your best bet it to keep it specific. You have reached the number of posts needed to post in the flea market.

I have a lot of components, some of them were lucky finds, others I had to research and buy.

I would be willing to share, but as I said, it would be on a case by case basis.

It is just like buying parts, you need to state what you need for a project. I think you'll get better results.

I definitely understand you looking for freebies. It seems everyone in my area wants to sell their broken stuff...and there are apparently there are some that will pay. Not me! I personally don't have a wide array of various components, but there are some places you can get grab bags for pretty cheap if you are not looking for anything specific. Here is one such website:

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/products.asp?dept=1053&pagenumber=1&sort_on=&sort_by=

I'm sure there are others.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I'd suggest you buy a soldering iron and a desoldering tool. About 80% of the component collection I have was removed from old circuit boards. Old TVs are a great source for electronics, as are computers and radios. I have piles of old circuit boards in my workshop, and if there's a component I really need, I look and see if it's on one of those boards. 99% of the time it still works, so definitely worth the $5 for a desoldering bulb.

Regards

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
My wife would LOVE it if you can to my house and cleaned all the electronics crap out of the garage.. I'd pay you. There is even a whole car in there too with no wheels/suspension, you can take that while you are at it.

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
My wife would LOVE it if you can to my house and cleaned all the electronics crap out of the garage.. I'd pay you. There is even a whole car in there too with no wheels/suspension, you can take that while you are at it.
Wooo Treasures!! lol. Hells yeah id fix it up too.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
So Stan, where is it you live again? :D

You might think about posting that on your profile so other people can see it. You will note most of the old hands have already done so.

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
I grabbed some partz outa a projection tv.
I took out some sorta plasma ionizer generator thing. I ended up hooking it to my snowmobile cause I thought the ignition coil went out.
kept making the thing backfire then the generator went out.
Free snowmobile any one?
500cc power house

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I grabbed some partz outa a projection tv.
I took out some sorta plasma ionizer generator thing. I ended up hooking it to my snowmobile cause I thought the ignition coil went out.
kept making the thing backfire then the generator went out.
Free snowmobile any one?
500cc power house
Yeah, I assume you're talking about the flyback transformer. Those run at a different frequency and duty cycle than an ignition coil. I would guess it wasn't firing properly, so it wasn't lighting the fuel the way it's supposed to. That would explain the backfires--if it lights it only once every few cycles....

Did you ever figure out what was actually wrong with the snowmobile?

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
Yeah, I assume you're talking about the flyback transformer. Those run at a different frequency and duty cycle than an ignition coil. I would guess it wasn't firing properly, so it wasn't lighting the fuel the way it's supposed to. That would explain the backfires--if it lights it only once every few cycles....

Did you ever figure out what was actually wrong with the snowmobile?

The stater went out. its basicly a generator that fires when you pull the recoil starter (pullString). broke 2 pullers trying to pull it out.