Anti-hijacking car immobilizer

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
I would not even build one if one is already Built. For the Cost of a safe and happy life... One Clifford has been in the Security business for many many years. If you want something that is made to keep you safe. I would just buy the BlackJax by Clifford. With this system the owner can even recover the car when it is safe to do so without having to pay for GPS or some other tracking costs....

There is no buttons to push if Jacked, Just get out of the car and let the car do the rest....

There are many other companies out there that offer some type of protection or another. Some I have installed starting over 15 years ago... Some were made to be turned off by a Key Pad code that owner can set code. Some are set by having to press a combo of switches, this could be some built into the car or some added depends on the brand and how complex the system is... IF you think about it. Don't want it to be just a Switch because the thief may find it. Just remember that the more complex the system is to turn off, The longer it could take for you to safely recover your stolen car...

Don't try and Re Invent the wheel.

Joh Drinda

Joined Jul 30, 2015
I think by now I got it all working as it should. I still will need to find a qualified person to verify it, because here in this forum there seems to be neither someone able or willing to do it. What a shame!
The installation will be done by the dealer's auto electrician, where I'll be buying the car. I also full insure the car and thus, I'm less interested in chasing the escaped horse via GPS. If I want that, any hidden, cheap phone is able to locate the car. - Of course I can also find out if they got what I'm after, where they sell it and how much it cost? Thanks again, Joh

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
The only issue I see is that when you are asking someone to Verify your work is that your asking someone to put claim on your work. It could be hard for someone to do so because they are Qualified at what they do and not at what someone else does. I guess it is easier to say that something is not going to work, a way it's setup then saying it would work and then the person that builds it don't follow 100% what is stated and something happens..

Again IMHO I would buy something that is already built and known to work. I understand that it could be nice to have something you can claim you made. However if your not the one that is even going to do the install, Why not just use something that was built with PLAIN TEXT install instructions.

I will tell you this... When it comes to building something that makes your car turn off is a Risky business. So Risky that OEM don't even let the Push button cars turn off when the Transmitter isn't present.
So really it isn't as good as some think they are. The fact is, You and your other half get in the car, Both have a FOB however your fob is not working (Maybe got wet, or battery died) You drop her off at work. Next thing you notice your car says that there is no FOB in Range. Your best to hope your car don't stall in the middle of rush hour traffic. However if your car is in tip top shape it will run until you press the button again to turn it off. That is because the OEM people that install these don't want to have law suit against them for cars that was in an accident because the System shut off the car.

In most Aftermarket systems, They are built with More then just the ability to make your lights flash and siren blast and turn your car off. They have things most times in place that checks the car for movement. Last thing anyone wants is to have your car that is driving down the road at 40 to 60 MPH shut off, Now you have no power steering or brakes. Now your car isn't only bad for you but others around you.

I will tell you this. If you were to install something that Has Anti Carjacking in it. DON'T LET anyone but you Drive it. Your Car your Problem if it fails.

Good Luck Be Safe
James