another patent

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
I just received word today that beenthere has had another patent approved for issuance. Wish he could have known...:(

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
That's a good thing, even if it's delayed. What was the patent about, if I may?
It is for a video synchronizer that is used in insect monitoring. After retirement from the U, beenthere narrowed his design work to the field of entomology. My personal bug (bad pun) is that guys like beenthere never really get the recognition or monetary compensation they deserve for their work. Many researchers, not to mention industries, wouldn't have careers or businesses if it weren't for the ideas and designs of "can-do" guys like beenthere! Well, there's my rant for the day. :D

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The world isn't kind to inventors and researchers. But by now I 'm so used to it, that I would probably have trouble living in a world where inventors would rule.

Let alone the social "deficiencies" that us tech guys develop. Or the fact that if I was eg manager in a large-ish corporation, I wouldn't have time to tinker with stuff. Everything is there for a reason.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
1chance, this is very good news. I am happy to hear of his patent being approved. It is yet one more way in which he will continue to live on, forever.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
It is for a video synchronizer that is used in insect monitoring. After retirement from the U, beenthere narrowed his design work to the field of entomology. My personal bug (bad pun) is that guys like beenthere never really get the recognition or monetary compensation they deserve for their work. Many researchers, not to mention industries, wouldn't have careers or businesses if it weren't for the ideas and designs of "can-do" guys like beenthere! Well, there's my rant for the day. :D
Shows he is not really gone!

Yeah inventors don't get any respect unless they invent an idiotic, horrible looking website that is lapped up by the mindless masses then they are worth $24B.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2012-02-01/facebook-ipo/52921528/1