Ancient Threads

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
Is there any way to automatically lock old threads after a set period of time (say 6 month)?
I'm sure this has been brought up before but problem still remains of people who keep resurrecting ancient threads and eliciting responses to OPs who have lost all interest in subject and in all probability no longer visit this forum.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
New members and regular members this Is a bank of Information
that don't get old.You never know when you may need to look at
a subject,which has different opinions. Look for the tags they try
to help you find help In old post.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
The automatic locking of ancient threads has been brought up several times. There just isn't a provision in the bulletin board software for doing this.

So, our overworked Moderators get to manually split off the hijacking of the old threads.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Then there is the odd duck like me who remembers his old threads, and come back to them like a dog to a bone. I jump from project to project, working them in pieces, until I get them done, or move on to the next project.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Is there any way to automatically lock old threads after a set period of time (say 6 month)?
I'm sure this has been brought up before but problem still remains of people who keep resurrecting ancient threads and eliciting responses to OPs who have lost all interest in subject and in all probability no longer visit this forum.
It is a common suggestion and something we would love to have access to, sadly this is a limitation of the vBulletin software. I am surprised that this hasn't been implemented by Jelsoft because I know other forums have made the suggestion for such a feature. Here's hoping for vB4.

The way we deal with it is to wait till someone hijacks an old thread and then split it off with a link back to the hijacked thread. It is a bother but we have found it is the least resource intensive method at this time.

Dave