An Apology

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Kind friends

I wish to formally apologize to the management, staff and membership of these fora for my embarrassing behaviour as regards my OP on, and selection of original title of, the thread (now) entitled "Arduino strikes again"

While said post reflects my genuine feelings as regards Arduino - I am, nonetheless, profoundly embarrassed and profoundly sorry at the spectacle of my groundless and puerile accusations of censorship by this site!:oops::(

Having been an active member of this community for fully nine months, I can honestly say that I have always found the staff and management to be refreshingly open, accessible, courteous and helpful!

That I allowed the coincidence of a software bug and an 'ire raising' article to drive me to such behavior says something about my temperament - and it is not flattering:oops::(:(:(

With utmost sincerity
HP

PS -- Inasmuch as I wish there to be no dubiety as regards my motives with this post --- I request that the readers please not "like" this post nor any subsequent response I may make to this thread --- Thank you!

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I think I used that same apology form letter when I had to apologize to all the girls in my elementary school for drawing a beard on their bathroom mirror with a Sharpie on Paul Bunyan day.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
I think I used that same apology form letter when I had to apologize to all the girls in my elementary school for drawing a beard on their bathroom mirror with a Sharpie on Paul Bunyan day.
In my case I think I could do with a 'keyboard interlock' --- No posting until my diastolic pressure is below 150:eek::eek::oops:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
I have been following that thread and have no idea what you're talking about.... What did I miss? :confused:
The original thread title and OP contained allegations/insinuations of censorship -- Although I have since removed said inflammatory language, it will, necessarily, have been seen by several readers - hence my apology:oops:

To be clear - I have at no time witnessed evidence of censorship on this site - nor do I believe censorship is in force here! -- My apology is with the aim of amendment of any offense or misapprehension created on that 'front' - nothing more, nothing less...

Sincerely
HP

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Elementary students haven't reached puerility. That comes in middle school.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets a kick out of the "big words" Hypatia uses..
Its like reading boring Shakespeare to me..
My dictionary has gotten a lot of use since he started coming around..

Frankly I'm surprised he actually said "apology".. I thought he would have used "extenuation" or "atonement"

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets a kick out of the "big words" Hypatia uses..
Its like reading boring Shakespeare to me..
My dictionary has gotten a lot of use since he started coming around..

Frankly I'm surprised he actually said "apology".. I thought he would have used "extenuation" or "atonement"
Actually puerile is a fairly small word. Just that you will not hear 99.9834563% of the English speaking population using it.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Frankly I'm surprised he actually said "apology"
We all enjoy the brain exercise HP gives. However, I assume you use the personal pronoun, "he" in a general sense. I have no evidence of gender every being specified to this point in our relationship with HP.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
We all enjoy the brain exercise HP gives. However, I assume you use the personal pronoun, "he" in a general sense. I have no evidence of gender every being specified to this point in our relationship with HP.
Thats funny.. After I posted that I did question myself if "he" is a "he"..
But after seeing the "relationship" that "he" and Aleph(0) have and "her" avatar picture I just assumed Hypatia was the "dude" and Aleph(0) was the "chick".. But I guess those sort of assumptions arent "PC" now a days :D
But..crap.. hypathia (the real one) is a chick too... Damn.. I'm all confused now..