Amplyfying Millivolts into Volts

Caiden

Joined Feb 18, 2014
Hi guys, I trying to amplify 10 millivolts into 1 or more volts I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that. I'm really in a rush so please resond quickly.

Caiden

Joined Feb 18, 2014
I'm just trying to amplify 10 millivolts to make it usable. So basically If it's ac it has to be 110 volts but if I do dc it has to be enough to charge a phone. Do you know what I mean?

matthew798

Joined Jan 16, 2013
I'll try it just one question, if theres only one output where will I put my load's ground?
Most likely you can just ground everything in the same place. Depends on what your circuit is though. Post a schematic if you want an exact answer.

With an op amp you can control the gain very precisely with an RR feedback loop. If you throw in trim pot you can get it really precise.

You'll also need to make sure you find parts able to withstand 110 volts. Most opamps can do 10vdc no prob but I can't tho of any at 110 off the top of my head.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
If you have enough power to run the amplifier, you have enough power to charge the battery. What am I missing?
You missed nothing..
Whats missing is the OP's knowledge about how this stuff works and the inability to construct a proper detailed question when you don't know what you are doing in the first place and then then inability for others to simply ask the necessary questions before providing a "proper" solution.. of course the OP's request to "hurry the f up" would lead me to just stick a wild goose in their face too.. :)

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I think you should talk about what you really want, and what is the input signal(dc,ac), and how high is the output voltage(dc,ac)?

The op amp almost providing the output voltage under 40V dc or ac, if you need some more voltages or need more current then you have to using bjt or mosfet after the op amp.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I'm just trying to amplify 10 millivolts to make it usable. So basically If it's ac it has to be 110 volts but if I do dc it has to be enough to charge a phone. Do you know what I mean?
I suspect I do and it's not possible. Amplifiers do not manufacturer energy, they "amplify" a signal by using the energy from a DC power source (such as a battery) to convert a low level signal to a higher level signal. They can not take a 10mV lower power signal and make it into a high power 110V signal without power being added from the power supply.

Where is this 10 millivolts coming from?