Amplitude Demodulation Circuit

Christian_Pommer

Joined Mar 26, 2018
Hello everyone,
i got a problem designing an AM demodulator with a carrier frequency of 100kHz to 1MHz and an modulation Frequency of DC-1kHz and
I even got the exact carrier signal but with an unknown time delay between sending and return. The signal itself has a lot of noise. In worst case the S/N ratio is around 1 in best cases its around 10-20. So i got a lot of noise in the signal.
Which is the best circuit for this kind of application? Is there maybe an IC i did not find, which is designed for this kind of application.
I am very gratefull for any help. I am sadly not an electrical engineer, so i am missing some background knowledge here.

Christian_Pommer

Joined Mar 26, 2018
Thank you Dana,

i think a synchronous detector should be best to single out the carrier frequency. I am just not sure what happens with the phase shift between carrier and driver signal. I am worried that there might be phase shifts where there is no resulting signal
I found the ADA2200 should be able to do what i want but the datasheet mentioned the neccesarry phase correct signal.

Best Regards,
Christian