Amplifier Technics SE-HD65 how to connect separately

davcla

Joined Aug 28, 2021
I have a component amp Technics SE-HD65 and I'm trying to unlock it to work without a tuner. I managed to find out about connecting +5V to the POWER pin (3) and it worked, the relay turns it on but still it's muted, input pins 13 and 14 are inactive and the standby led won't turn on. I suppose the MUTE pin (17) should unmute it but how to do it? With +5V? Is there anything else that locks the amp? I can't find the service manual. Below is the in/out pins description. Thanks.

1. DIRECT
2. AC1
3. POWER
4. CT
5. VOL B
6. AC2
7. VOL A
8. T.GND
9. AD1
10. +B
11. A.GND
12. VOCAL
13. SE RCH IN
14. SE LCH IN
15. +B(II)
16. -B
17. -MUTE
18. D.GND
19. FL2
20. FL1

davcla

Joined Aug 28, 2021
Welcome to AAC!

2-5V on pin-17 MUTE should activate relay RL701.
Thanks MrChips! So, my assumption was correct then :) I suppose I also should put 5V on pin 10 to operate the standby led. I'll try to do that and let you know. Thanks.

davcla

Joined Aug 28, 2021
Nope, I connected 5V to pin 17 and nothing happens. Inputs are still silent, the volume pot doesn't react. I have no idea what more to do. The circuits are too complicated for my knowledge. I assume there are more open circuits that should be driven by the tuner I attached the service manual for a similar amp HD60, maybe someone has an idea. Thanks

Attachments

davcla

Joined Aug 28, 2021
I attached the service manual for a similar amp HD60, maybe someone has an idea.
No ideas then. I spent some time and have my conclusions. It's doable but not easy. The amp needs additional +7V, -7V and 5.6V that aren't available inside. They come from the tuner. It's possible to use 2x12VAC available in the amp on pins 2, 4, 6 and after rectifying and stabilising provide them to the pins 15 (+7V), 16 (-7V) and 10 (5.6V). Cheers.