AliExpress sellers who have been reliable…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The thread on bad sellers can be useful, but how about some recommendations as a counterpoint. So far my experience has been generally good with sellers there and it seems helpful to mention those who delivered products that worked well and matched the description.

Here are some of mine.

IC Components Store
Purchased:
Miniature mercury switches which were shipped quickly. The product matched the description and arrived in reasonable condition (some bent leads, not damage).
Dome switches with flex PCB leads, same as above.

zofipo Official Store
Purchased:
5mm APA106 addressable RGB LEDs which were shipped quickly and arrived with no damaged, packed well. The product was as described and spot checks among the 100 pieces have revealed no defective ones.

LOLIN Official Store
This is actually the official store of LOLIN (WEMOS) selling the various LOLIN/WEMOS ESP32 development boards.
Purchased:
D1 Mini dev boards and accessory boards shipped quickly arrived well packaged and all operational.

I will add some more as time allows, but this is a start, how about you? i

tepalia02

Joined May 13, 2022
Thanks a lot for sharing the list with us. People often have bad experiences when purchasing from alliexpress. This write-up will surely help us to choose the right supplier.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I've never had a bad experience with an aliexpress store. More than 200 orders placed. A few that were surprisingly slow but I always got my orders. I've only placed one order for over $1000 and it was a bit entertaining to see if my bet would pay off or not. It paid off. Item one-tenth the price of a comparable item in the US (who likely just imported the same thing from China).

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
BTW: I think it would be especially helpful to know the sellers that have supplied good ICs and transistors since those seem to be particularly prone to problems. I have not used AliExpress for that, but at least one seller that is available there, Chanzon, I have purchased from on Amazon with excellent results.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I've never had a bad anything from Ali Express. I think most claims of fake goods from Ali Express are just as likely to be a user error or a lot that was somehow mis-handled during its lifetime (but unlikely). I don't know of any IC foundries thst will let a truck full of bad wafers drive down the road, or even bother putting the so-called off spec wafers into packages, put those off spec packages onto reels and let them get into circulation.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
A potential problem with giving good reviews is that the sellers might get to the point where they consider maximizing profit to be more important than selling good product. So, it will be important for anyone having a bad experience using a recommended seller to post an update on this thread.

@Willen and I have both purchased 2SK596B N channel JFETs from shenzhenYida Store that tested good for Idss. I did 100% testing for Idss, and sampled cutoff voltage spec.

I purchased the maximum number that didn't cause an increase in the base shipping charge (40 pieces at $0.02 each). Shipping cost has gone up about 40% since I bought 2 months ago.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
A potential problem with giving good reviews is that the sellers might get to the point where they consider maximizing profit to be more important than selling good product. So, it will be important for anyone having a bad experience using a recommended seller to post an update on this thread.

@Willen and I have both purchased 2SK596B N channel JFETs from shenzhenYida Store that tested good for Idss. I did 100% testing for Idss, and sampled cutoff voltage spec.

I purchased the maximum number that didn't cause an increase in the base shipping charge (40 pieces at $0.02 each). Shipping cost has gone up about 40% since I bought 2 months ago.
Yes, past performance does not guarantee future excellence, but it is better than shopping blind to know they shipped good parts.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Even what have been good vendors will let junk slip in. I do a lot of browsing on Amazon. When I find something I'm interested in, I shop around. In particular if I know it is a chinese product I go check AliX. Most of my problems have been with chips and capacitors. Not with transistors, regulators or hardware. Some of my regular and somewhat reliable vendors there are:
UltimateElectronics Store - electrolytic capacitors
Lushigher IC Store - Chips and transistors
jhiwor Store - Glass fuses and headers, etc.
Standby for Module Store - Just that, Arduino/Pi/etc. Modules, all kinds...
AiyimaTechnology Store - Bigger modules like power supplies and amps.
FSXSEMI FengShengXIn Store - Bought lots of chips and transistors there
Tnkmo Store - SMD chips and etc.
InShop Chip Store - Chips and Transistors
CZB6721960 Store - Power and Relay boards, heatsinks, etc.
Mobin Store - This is a fun spot to browse, lots of tube radio kits and such
FXI Electronics Co., Ltd. - Chips and transistors.
I always test chips on arrival with a basic test circuit for go/nogo. It's time consuming but I'm retired and they all sell bad chips from time to time. I've had multiple lots of bad LM318N fast op amps over the last several months. Some won't do anything or have a slew rate of ~10V/us when the spec is ~115V/us. Out of 6 lots, one lot of 10 was in the low 80s to high 90s V/us. Also check capacitors, especially ceramic. I expect +/-20% and often they are more than 100%. So Caveat Emptor! And always file a dispute if you get junk sent to you! It seems I have to ~10% of the time but have never had one not found in my favor!

xchcui

Joined May 12, 2014
Hi.
Ya'akov,i was happy to find this thread,since it is not
easy to choose a seller for buying electronic components
in aliexpress without a recommendation from a professional person,
even that the seller rank is high.
I am looking for a reliable seller in aliexpress
that sells reliable varistors(7D).
Do you familiar with one?
As i checked your three seller links,but i didn't find the varistor
i was looking for?
Thanks.

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
My problem with AliExpress happened when their freight forwarder decided to consolidate my orders from about a dozen different vendors. Somehow, that freight forwarder mangled my address and packages were sent across the US. My street name because the city, city name became the street. The state was pulled out of thin air. The vendor's response was "We sent it to the right address. Just wait a little longer." I eventually received about a quarter of the stuff I ordered (which was not "upgraded" to consolidated shipping), maybe a third of the remaining vendors refunded my money (some minus shipping charges), and I was banned for "abusing the dispute process."

I'd suggest only ordering a few items at a time from a few vendors to avoid a similar thing.

xchcui

Joined May 12, 2014
Yes,i familiar with this problem.If i was going to order a large quantity of components,my first preference was to order them from digikey,farnell,mouser etc.But the shipping cost for just 10 pieces is
too high other their.Since i am familiar with the issue that you mentioned
in aliexpress(and more other problems),i was asking for a recommendation .

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Another issue with AliX is there is never an invoice with the order so you have no idea who it is from. Addresses on the package label never match the vendor you ordered from. Probably because a lot of the vendors there have no product to sell and are simply drop shippers. You place the order and then they order the materials from another vendor to be drop shipped to the buyer! Very confusing when ordering the same part from several different vendors in the hope that one will actually be good enough to pass a go/no-go test.

Boggart

Joined Jan 31, 2022
I don't buy components from Ali X except for LEDs from a few suppliers I know are ok. Most of my components come from TME in Poland, one of the big Euro distributors, because they are a hell of a lot cheaper than the US based mobs like Mouser and Digikey on many products (but not all).

xchcui

Joined May 12, 2014
I don't buy components from Ali X except for LEDs from a few suppliers I know are ok. Most of my components come from TME in Poland, one of the big Euro distributors, because they are a hell of a lot cheaper than the US based mobs like Mouser and Digikey on many products (but not all).
The issue is that i need only 10 varistor.The price
of the varistor itself is not the issue,.the shipping price is the issue and shipping price of TME is as high as the shipping price of Digikey and mouser.(for only 10 pieces).
Another issue with AliX is there is never an invoice with the order so you have no idea who it is from. Addresses on the package label never match the vendor you ordered from. Probably because a lot of the vendors there have no product to sell and are simply drop shippers. You place the order and then they order the materials from another vendor to be drop shipped to the buyer! Very confusing when ordering the same part from several different vendors in the hope that one will actually be good enough to pass a go/no-go test.
You are right SamR about the vendors issue,but
even though(and as the title of this thread says"Aliexpress sellers who have been reliable..."),
Can you recommend a reliable seller that sell reliable varistor?(from your experience).

Boggart

Joined Jan 31, 2022
The issue is that i need only 10 varistor.The price
of the varistor itself is not the issue,.the shipping price is the issue and shipping price of TME is as high as the shipping price of Digikey and mouser.(for only 10 pieces).
Yes, true, I never buy just 10 of anything as I'm usually buying stock for resale or for my kits. If you are willing to take a chance on components from Ali X, then go for it. I've been burned once or twice with relabelled/inferior parts, but also received stuff that was up to spec, it's a bit of a lottery really.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
To be honest, there are some that I considered to be reliable that I have also gotten bad products from. That said, some are certainly more reliable than others. Here are some from my list of favorite stores. Caveat Emptor!
shenzhenYida Store - chips
Hongkong YU XIN YUAN 2 Store - chips
UltimateElectronics Store - Electrolytic caps
IFT Electrical Store - Pushbuttons
RoarKit Store - Various Modules
jhiwor Store - Headers and such
Standby for Module Store - Modules
AiyimaTechnology Store - Power supplies
Amy Electronic Store - Electrets
FSXSEMI FengShengXIn Store - Chips and Transistors, ICs
Tnkmo Store -Chips
KELI Store - Various, Arduino, 3D print, LCD, etc.
InShop Chip Store - Chips and Transistors, ICs
CZB6721960 Store - Various, modules, hardware, ICs
Mobin Store - Never used but lots of tube radio kits, fun to browse
FXI Electronics Co., Ltd. - ICs (chips and transistors), all kinds of stuff

I have learned to ALWAYS test chips in a basic go/no-go circuit upon arrival. The number of failed chips has been a large percentage although less than 50%. Don't be hesitant to file a dispute for bad products. You will need photos (scope and meters) to document the problem but I have never had a dispute denied. I would not recommend these chips for other than hobby use. They are undocumented and, in almost all cases, "Replica" generic chips or outright fraud as most are stamped with reputable manufacturers logos. I was trying to get some high-speed Op Amp chips and after over half a dozen orders, I finally received some that met the speed specification (right at the hi limit). And be willing to wait a month or more for delivery for which the price has gone up significantly in the last year or so. Often shipping can be more than the 5-10USD tacked on handling and delivery fee from reputable dealers.

xchcui

Joined May 12, 2014
Yes, true, I never buy just 10 of anything as I'm usually buying stock for resale or for my kits. If you are willing to take a chance on components from Ali X, then go for it. I've been burned once or twice with relabelled/inferior parts, but also received stuff that was up to spec, it's a bit of a lottery really.
No,i am not willing to take a chance,i have also been burned with bad parts(and not only electronic),so this is the reason why i am asking for a reliable seller.
To be honest, there are some that I considered to be reliable that I have also gotten bad products from. That said, some are certainly more reliable than others. Here are some from my list of favorite stores. Caveat Emptor!
shenzhenYida Store - chips
Hongkong YU XIN YUAN 2 Store - chips
UltimateElectronics Store - Electrolytic caps
IFT Electrical Store - Pushbuttons
RoarKit Store - Various Modules
jhiwor Store - Headers and such
Standby for Module Store - Modules
AiyimaTechnology Store - Power supplies
Amy Electronic Store - Electrets
FSXSEMI FengShengXIn Store - Chips and Transistors, ICs
Tnkmo Store -Chips
KELI Store - Various, Arduino, 3D print, LCD, etc.
InShop Chip Store - Chips and Transistors, ICs
CZB6721960 Store - Various, modules, hardware, ICs
Mobin Store - Never used but lots of tube radio kits, fun to browse
FXI Electronics Co., Ltd. - ICs (chips and transistors), all kinds of stuff

I have learned to ALWAYS test chips in a basic go/no-go circuit upon arrival. The number of failed chips has been a large percentage although less than 50%. Don't be hesitant to file a dispute for bad products. You will need photos (scope and meters) to document the problem but I have never had a dispute denied. I would not recommend these chips for other than hobby use. They are undocumented and, in almost all cases, "Replica" generic chips or outright fraud as most are stamped with reputable manufacturers logos. I was trying to get some high-speed Op Amp chips and after over half a dozen orders, I finally received some that met the speed specification (right at the hi limit). And be willing to wait a month or more for delivery for which the price has gone up significantly in the last year or so. Often shipping can be more than the 5-10USD tacked on handling and delivery fee from reputable dealers.
Thanks for the list,but according to your explanation i can conclude that
there is no guarantee that i will get a reliable component and i should test it before use.
The problem is how can i test the varistor that it meets the requirements?
I can do a simple test to check if it has infinite resistance with DMM,but
it won't tell me if the varistor clamp the voltage at the proper value.
I don't have a tool that can change the voltage gradually and
check when the varistor clamp the voltage or when it consume 1mA.
Do you know any good and simple method to check that the varistor
meets the requirements?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
The problem is how can i test the varistor that it meets the requirements?
Personally, I wouldn't buy many bare components from Ali Express. The sellers are unlikely to know, or care, about the authenticity of any parts they sell.

If you choose to buy anyway, you should be prepared to test components. If you're not able, or willing, to do this, you should buy from a reputable distributor. This does NOT include Ali Express, Amazon, or eBay.

Willen

Joined Nov 13, 2015
I've never had a bad anything from Ali Express. I think most claims of fake goods from Ali Express are just as likely to be a user error or a lot that was somehow mis-handled during its lifetime (but unlikely). I don't know of any IC foundries thst will let a truck full of bad wafers drive down the road, or even bother putting the so-called off spec wafers into packages, put those off spec packages onto reels and let them get into circulation.
Sometime they make plenty of fake RF transistors like 2sc1971.

xchcui

Joined May 12, 2014
I would like to mention again,that i familiar with all the problems
that you all mentioned and i prefer to buy electronic components
from a reputable distributor than from aliexpress,ebay or amazon,
but i had some problem to do that and when i saw the tittle of
the OP thread,i thought to give it a try and ask my question.
But it seems that the discussion is progresses more to the reason
why not to buy rather focus on a reliable seller,which the OP's
thread was meant to be.
In regards to my question:how to test a varistor,i didn't get
any answer,so i will open a new thread,since it is not related to
this thread.
Thanks you all.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.