Alex Trebek R.I.P.

jkaiser20

Joined Aug 9, 2016
Most of us got a little more worldly while finding out how 'dumb' we are.

only fond memories of watching the show sporadically over the years. Thanks Alex.

402DF855

Joined Feb 9, 2013
As a kid I remember the show before Trebek, there was a different host. It was way too dry for me at the age of 9 or so. Even as an adult the whole "The answer is" thing seems too gimicky for me, had a hard time watching. SNL did a skit of the show years ago, I think Sean Connery was a contestant (can't remember if it was the real actor or not, I think not). It was so funny my gut hurt. Maybe it's online somewhere.

jkaiser20

Joined Aug 9, 2016
Not knowing trivia doesn't make you dumb.
What about not being able to discern what I meant with the quotation marks around dumb?

(I put them there because I agree with you, but tried to capture the fleeting emotion when you just can’t quite come up with the answer (question) )

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
As a kid I remember the show before Trebek, there was a different host. It was way too dry for me at the age of 9 or so. Even as an adult the whole "The answer is" thing seems too gimicky for me, had a hard time watching. SNL did a skit of the show years ago, I think Sean Connery was a contestant (can't remember if it was the real actor or not, I think not). It was so funny my gut hurt. Maybe it's online somewhere.

They did a bunch with Sean Connery. Now they are both gone. Wonder if they do a tribute skit...