Alerts

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I have noticed that I don’t get alerts reliably on threads that I am following or to which I have replied, after a period of time.

The alerts work for a while, but then stop. Admittedly sometimes this is on me; I miss an alert. But it happens frequently enough that I decided to post here.

Is this normal behavior?

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I have noticed that I don’t get alerts reliably on threads that I am following or to which I have replied, after a period of time.

The alerts work for a while, but then stop. Admittedly sometimes this is on me; I miss an alert. But it happens frequently enough that I decided to post here.

Is this normal behavior?
By email or those here, in the upper right corner?

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Upper right corner
From what I finally understood recently, once you were warned, no matter how many after, you will not get any further alert until you enter the thread and read the "unread" ones until that very moment.

Just in case, those by email keep coming to my address even if (I feel) I never request them through that via.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
From what I finally understood recently, once you were warned, no matter how many after, you will not get any further alert until you enter the thread and read the "unread" ones until that very moment.

Just in case, those by email keep coming to my address even if (I feel) I never request them through that via.
Warned? For what and by whom? What’chou talking about, warned?

It’s getting worse. I’m participating in many threads and don’t get alerted of updates. Some of these are an active dialogue and I’m sure the TS’ is wondering how come I’m ignoring them.

Something is afoot and it’s becoming increasingly a problem.

Mods? @JohnInTX ? @Wendy ? @ericgibbs ?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
"Warned?"

Warned by the alert. only the first new post.......is alerted........for that thread.

You are warned once per thread.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
"Warned?"

Warned by the alert. only the first new post.......is alerted........for that thread.

You are warned once per thread.
Not true. There is one thread in which I am involved in an active discussion. I get “warned” (I prefer alerted) every time someone responds. Most of the time. Lately, the alerts gave been hit or miss. Same with other threads I am active in. “Active” being involved in a dialogue; more than just a passing comment.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I wouldn't know. I was just explaining the usage of the word ---warning.

I'm almost always here, when awake. Turned email alerts off, years ago.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Not true. There is one thread in which I am involved in an active discussion. I get “warned” (I prefer alerted) every time someone responds. Most of the time. Lately, the alerts gave been hit or miss. Same with other threads I am active in. “Active” being involved in a dialogue; more than just a passing comment.
Alerted. Yes, alerted.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
For me posting in a thread is enough to watch it. If I don't respond to an alert I don't get another until I have viewed that thread. I don't know the rules, These are my observations only.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
For me posting in a thread is enough to watch it. If I don't respond to an alert I don't get another until I have viewed that thread. I don't know the rules, These are my observations only.
So a perfect example, one which you can relate to, @Wendy.

There was a recent post in your “Beginner...” thread. I’ve been following and contributing therein.

Yet no alert occurred.