`AHD 720p cctv camera why not work on monitor

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
Hi
Have a cctv camera AHD 720p.
Question when i connect the AHD720p camera to a monitor no picture appear.
But when i connect the camera to a DVR the picture appear, what happening.
Thank for your help mrel

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi mrel,
When you say a monitor, is that a PC type monitor.
Have you tried plugging the camera into a TV set, thats fitted with AVI connectors.?
E

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
Not enough information.

What is the output of the camera? What is the input to the monitor?
The camera is ntsc ,the output connector is bnc.
The monitor has both connector vga and rca input jack .
Use a adapter to convert the camera BNC connector to RCA output jack.
mrel

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
hi mrel,
When you say a monitor, is that a PC type monitor.
Have you tried plugging the camera into a TV set, thats fitted with AVI connectors.?
E
Have monitor 10 inch size monitor have VGA and RCA input jacks.
Also try on tv set that have rca in jack.,no work only work went connect DVR.
Camera have BNC connector output jack use adapter to convert to RCA jack output.
mrel

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
First, I have not seen any DVR that has a video display, so we need to know what is displaying the image when you connect the output of the camera to the DVR. In fact, what sort of adapter are you using, and what is the input to the DVR? And what output from the DVR are you using to feed what monitor? Without enough information the best you can expect is guesses. In addition, have you verified that the video input jack on the TV set even works? I had a TV where the set worked fine except that the video input connector was disabled in the setup program. So we need a lot more details to understand the situation enough to provide a useful answer.
And the model number of the camera is not enough, we would also need to know the brand name of the camera.

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
First, I have not seen any DVR that has a video display, so we need to know what is displaying the image when you connect the output of the camera to the DVR. In fact, what sort of adapter are you using, and what is the input to the DVR? And what output from the DVR are you using to feed what monitor? Without enough information the best you can expect is guesses. In addition, have you verified that the video input jack on the TV set even works? I had a TV where the set worked fine except that the video input connector was disabled in the setup program. So we need a lot more details to understand the situation enough to provide a useful answer.
And the model number of the camera is not enough, we would also need to know the brand name of the camera.
When i connect the camera to the monitor WITHOUT using a DVR get No picture when using a DVR i get picture.
Remember camera is a AHD 720p camera.
mrel

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Several possible reasons come to mind. The first is that the video format of the camera output is not quite what the monitor is set up to handle. The synch signal may not be the right amplitude or polarity. Next, is the signal from the DVR feeding into the monitor using the same input that the camera gets connected to? OR is the monitor input to the DVR different from the one that the camera connects to? THAT could be a problem. Have you verified that the input that the camera is connected to actually is working? Do other video sources connected to that input show up on the monitor?
Since you have verified that the camera works, the failure must be some place else. It may be that slecting the input that you are connecting the camera to is not working.