ADC

gusmas

Joined Sep 27, 2008
hey guys me again :eek:.... ive got this assignment to design an ADC and thats fine .. but the one problem im having is how to calculate the Resistors of the Flash ADC. the ADC receives and 4-bit binary number... so any ideas how i can calculate the resistor values??!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
hey guys me again :eek:.... ive got this assignment to design an ADC and thats fine .. but the one problem im having is how to calculate the Resistors of the Flash ADC. the ADC receives and 4-bit binary number... so any ideas how i can calculate the resistor values??!
The resistors should all be equal. What is Vin and Vref at the inputs?

Dave

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
ADCs do not receive binary data. They receive analog inputs, and output binary data.
Did you mean DAC?

gusmas

Joined Sep 27, 2008
thats the thing i need to get Vref for and LM741 op amp and the data sheet i got from the net does not say the Vref.... so where can i get the Vref for that op amp model??

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
thats the thing i need to get Vref for and LM741 op amp and the data sheet i got from the net does not say the Vref.... so where can i get the Vref for that op amp model??
You didn't answer my question. You need to post a schematic of what you are trying to design.