AD9850- amplifer circuit malfunctioning - help to debug

captoro

Joined Jun 21, 2009
Hello,

I made a simulation circuit that would amplifier the AC voltage out of the DDS AD9850 from .3v pk-pk to 12v pk-pk. Works fine on simulator, but when I put All the parts together, I am far from the simulation. Bascially I dont get any output .
I used a waveform generator as the input to debug the circuit, and I start to get output when I increase the input amplitude to over 2v pk-pk. even then I get only half the impulses and they are much shorter .
See attched. any help is welcome

ken
Mod: rotated image 180deg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

sparky 1

Joined Nov 3, 2018
Lets say you will use 50 ohm cables for Z in and out of the amp. The simulation would include the impedance network.
A wide band op amp such as the CLC404 data sheet would most likely have an example if not it should have impedance over frequency characteristic curves that would show where you are with AD9850, however you may want to take the raw signal from output pin and feed it through a 5 pole.

Last edited:

captoro

Joined Jun 21, 2009
Hello,

I made a simulation circuit that would amplifier the AC voltage out of the DDS AD9850 from .3v pk-pk to 12v pk-pk. Works fine on simulator, but when I put All the parts together, I am far from the simulation. Bascially I dont get any output .
I used a waveform generator as the input to debug the circuit, and I start to get output when I increase the input amplitude to over 2v pk-pk. even then I get only half the impulses and they are much shorter .
See attched. any help is welcome

ken
Mod: rotated image 180deg
the signal generator ground is going to the 6 volt, just like the diagram.
I tested with my circuit (ad9850) also, but the input signal I guess is too weak to amplify, I dont get anything at the output