Absent Friends

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It is Christmas Day at the Marsden house. I actually had the Christmas spirit for a while, and with luck will again.

I'm sitting in front of the computer thinking of those whom I will never see again, which is most of my family, and those whom I may never hear from again, thingmaker3 comes to mind. I hope and pray he is OK, but we have no way of knowing. This is the nature of the internet, people can disappear without a trace.

For a Christian Christmas is a time of hope, but it can also be a time where you miss the loved ones gone.

I am lucky, I still have family. I got to finish raising my brothers 3 kids, grown now. Two of them are here in the house sleeping. My niece's fiance broke his leg last night. We had an incredibly rare snowfall last night in Dallas, and it is 28°F (-2°C). The snow will be gone before the sun sets. It looks like I'll be spending much of the day in the hospital. In this I still am lucky, it could be much worse.

I hope you are warm, have good friends and family to keep you company, a secure roof over your head, and good food. If you feel down I hope you have blessings to pull you up again.

Merry Christmas,
Bill Marsden

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Thanks Bill,

Sorry to hear about your niece's fiance. I've been thinking of thingmaker3 as well. He was really active on this forum when I first joined a few months ago. I haven't seen Mark44 as well. We hope they are doing fine.

Merry Christmas

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
We are waiting for the kids to come in from all over the state. We don't do our Christmas with them until tomorrow. That gets interrupted because one of their uncles killed himself last week, so they go off to a service in the middle of our time with them.

If there is anyone at all, hold them close this time of year. For the older folks that have to make it happen - meals, presents, organizing, it's kinda rough.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
My step daughter's step mother passed away 2 weeks ago. Lung cancer. Hold your kids close and tell them "whatever you do -- don't start smoking!"

Best whishes to all my dear friends and all their dear families.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I'm snowed in, not possible to visit family, too far away.

So, this year I'm the grumpy old man down the street that hasn't cleaned the snow off his driveway (just to have the street plow push it back in).

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
His name Is still listed as a moderator,hopefully he Is busy making this
a better forum, maybe the Is taking the Dave II class In Dave's cellar
with all the electronic stuff that Dave must have,In the scope of things
he has not been gone that long.So not to worry,we can wait for a good
thing.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
At this point no one knows for sure. The internet is global, but unless you know someone well, or know a neighbor, you can simply drop off the face of the earth and know one will know what happened. Thingmaker3 may return one day, or not, no one knows from what I can tell.

If you have a friend on the internet, leave them alternate contact information, such as several relatives. I am a member of the Commodore 64 online community and mailing list. We lost several members this year, but the reason we know what happened is they had family who knew who to contact.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
He was a out front guy like you,so someone knows him,but like I say he may
on business some where. He was back on line but did not post.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Actually, you can see that on peoples profiles, I use it all the time. Moderators can hide things if they want to, but for the most part the guys here don't.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello Bill,

You are right thingmaker3 last activity was on 07-23-2009.
(as seen in his profile).
I hope everything is OK with him.

He used to be an active moderator.
We miss him.
What could have happened to him?

Greetings,
Bertus

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Bertus, we are all in the dark here. We all hope that he will one day login and let us know he is alright.

Rob

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I remembered where ThingMakers contact information was. He is alive and well, living out of an RV while looking for a new house, and between internet connections. Just thought you'd all like to know.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Good to hear there is nothing serious with thingmaker3.
I hope he will be able to contact the forum soon.

Greetings,
Bertus

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Life is not fair,What can we do about.If we really cared we could do
something.There always A .T.& T.wi fi and laptops,but that something
we just talk about people being our beloved friends. Who wants the
to have the(THEREALMAN) avartar.