about karnaugh maps

avyan reddy

Joined Oct 30, 2020
in kmaps why do we need to follow cell adjacency.i want to know how kmaps works internally i mean i dont want to just mug it up but to understand it
sorry iam new to this.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
in kmaps why do we need to follow cell adjacency.i want to know how kmaps works internally i mean i dont want to just mug it up but to understand it
sorry iam new to this.
The basic reason is that, by ordering the cells in gray code order, only one bit changes between adjacent cells. If two adjacent cells have the same output, then the single bit that changes between those cells doesn't matter -- the output for both cells is determined by the values of the remaining variables. This is just a graphical way of applying the following Boolean identity:

ABC + ABC' = AB(C+C') = AB(True) = AB

avyan reddy

Joined Oct 30, 2020
The basic reason is that, by ordering the cells in gray code order, only one bit changes between adjacent cells. If two adjacent cells have the same output, then the single bit that changes between those cells doesn't matter -- the output for both cells is determined by the values of the remaining variables. This is just a graphical way of applying the following Boolean identity:

ABC + ABC' = AB(C+C') = AB(True) = AB
thank you